Chocolate Chunk Cookies
The holiday season is fast approaching and their are no better gifts than homemade cookies! These are probably some of the best chocolate chunk cookies out there and are good year round. While they may not be Christmas cookies they are delicious so it doesn’t matter.
Not only do you get the recipe in this weeks post but we have also attached a great video on how to package them for your friends and family!
Jumbo Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream together the coconut oil and brown sugar using a pastry blender. Add the almond milk and vanilla. At this point you may need to switch to a spatula to mix. The mixture will be very liquidy, this is okay.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Using your hands get in there and mix. You will have to really knead the dough to bring it together. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or chopped chunks with a spatula or your hands.
- Divide into 12 even portions and roll into balls. Place on two lined baking sheets and flatten with your palm to desired thickness.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. I found that 13 minutes was perfect. If you used two baking sheets I would suggest switching the two half way through baking.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a baking rack.