Curry Cauliflower Slider
Can you believe that it is already almost 2018? Where the heck did 2017 even go? We had an amazing year all because of the amazing support that we got from our subscribers. Somehow we jumped from 300 subscribers to 4000 and we still can’t believe it. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for all the amazing love and support that you have given us across all of our social medias. We can’t wait to keep bringing you delicious recipes.
Today is all about food, as usual, however not just any food, New Years Eve food. New Years Eve food is the best food because it’s finger food which means you can eat a wide variety of foods. Which is why we have a total of THREE recipes for you today. Yep, you heard that right. Not only are you getting these amazing Curry Cauliflower Slides but also Sesame Mushroom Crostini and Air-Fried Jerk Popcorn Tofu.
This recipe is pretty damn epic, to say the least. So many amazing flavours layered with each other to create a burst of delicious flavour in every bite. If you love curry, you are most definitely going to love this recipe. Plus this recipe is amazing with gin, which is the true meaning of New Years right?
PS. If you want three amazing cocktail recipes to go with these three amazing hors d’oeuvres, be sure to come back here or to our YouTube channel on Wednesday!
Curry Cauliflower Slider
Serves: 12-15 sliders
- 12 slider buns
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 limes juiced, divided
- 2 limes zest, divided
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup coconut yogurt, divided
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, minced
- 1/2 English cucumber, ribboned
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced into shreds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Chop up your cauliflower into pieces the size of your buns.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together 1/2 cup coconut yogurt, 1 lime’s zest, 1 lime juiced, cold water, cumin, curry powder, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder and ginger powder. Add your cauliflower to the mixture and toss until all the pieces are coated and allow to sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- Place your cauliflower on a lined baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes, flipping halfway through. Each oven is different so be sure to watch them.
- To make your toppings add 1/2 cup coconut yogurt to a small bowl along with your minced fresh mint, minced fresh cilantro and 1/2 lime juiced. Set this aside until your sliders are ready to be put together.
- Prepare your cucumber ribbons by using a potato peeler to slice thin ribbons off. Set those aside.
- Thinly slice about 1 cup of red cabbage and massage about 1/2 lime juiced into the cabbage and set aside.
- To put together your sliders add a layer of cabbage to the bottom bun along with your cucumber ribbons, a piece of your baked cauliflower and a dollop of your herb yogurt, top with a bun and serve.