Coconut Overnight Oats
Quick and easy, plant-based Coconut Overnight Oats for the busy on-the-go types.
We love breakfast, it’s one of our favourite meals of the day and definitely one of the most delicious. The versatility of breakfast is magical. It can be sweet or savoury, traditional or unconventional, large or small. However, as much as we love it, we rarely make it in the morning as we don’t typically have time to make a good breakfast. Enter our Coconut Overnight Oats.
Don’t misunderstand us, we are totally morning people. We both love getting up early and starting our day in a productive way. When we wake up in the morning, we’re both full of energy and ready to kick some butt, but we opt out of cooking breakfast because it takes time. Time that we’d rather spend elsewhere or making kick ass videos and taking awesome food photography. That’s where Coconut Overnight Oats come into play. They’re every morning person’s secret weapon.
Why these Overnight Oats so bomb:
- Come together in about 5 minutes.
- Every bite is delicious.
- Customizable to your flavour preference.
- Healthy and it will keep you full.
- No morning work at all.
Coconut Overnight Oats are delicious and can be prepared the night before – hence the name. Add different fruit, jams, nuts, seeds, etc. You can find many different recipes for overnight oats online, all of which are delicious. That’s why we wanted to give you a more basic recipe. Not only is this recipe delicious on its own, but you can dress it up in some many amazing ways.
Coconut Overnight Oats
- 2 bananas overripe
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- fresh fruit optional topping
- hemp seeds optional topping
- Add bananas and coconut milk to a small bowl. Mash the banana with a fork or potato masher.
- Add rolled oats, chia seeds, vanilla and spices and stir until combined.
- Pour in a mason jar or bowl. Ensure whatever you put it in can be covered with a lid or plastic wrap. Set aside in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning remove from the fridge and garnish to your liking. I put fresh fruit, hemp seeds and coconut sugar.
How to make dairy-free Coconut Overnight Oats (video):