Vegan Pumpkin Loaf
It seems like pumpkin season never ends and we are totally okay with that! Pumpkin season all year round, anyone? Okay, maybe that would be too much pumpkin season…
Anyway continuing on with all the delicious pumpkin recipes out there, we have a great one, that personally we like to make year round.
This loaf is soft and delicious and the perfect snack or breakfast topped with some delicious cookie butter or with just some regular butter for breakfast. Heck, put the cookie butter for breakfast too! Live a little!
When making this recipe I recommend cutting it in half or cutting it down a bit, because our loaf pan is huge (11″) and needs this much. Unless you have a big loaf pan too you will not need this much.
Vegan Pumpkin Loaf
- 4 flax eggs 1/4 cup flax + 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl make your two flax eggs by combining 1/4 cup ground flax seed and 3/4 cup water. Set aside for a few minutes so it can thicken.
- In a large mixing bowl add pumpkin, coconut oil, vanilla and the flax eggs. Whisk together until all combined.
- Once combined add flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and all your spices. Using a spatula mix until you get a combined dough. Add chopped walnuts and fold into the dough.
- Grease your desired pan and add dough. Make sure dough is in all corners of your pan. Top with some chopped walnuts.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 1 hr and 15 min. If you are cutting this in half make sure to watch your loaf starting at 45 minutes. You can use the toothpick test to see if your loaf is done.
- Top with heaven (a.k.a. cookie butter) and enjoy!