Lemon Pepper Tofu w/ Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and for those of you that aren’t single we have the meal that you and your Valentine will fall head over heals in love with. The brought out our fancy aprons for today’s recipe, because we know everyone wants to impress their significant other with a fancy-ass meal on February 14th.
What we really love about this recipe is that even though it’s fancy, it is easy as pie to make. That is what we are all about here, making vegan meals easy, because who has time to prepare a Valentine’s Day meal for hours on a Tuesday night. I mean work still exists.
Let us help you impress your Valentine this year.
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1-2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 block tofu
- oil for frying
- salt + pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl mix mayo, Dijon mustard and agave nectar.
- In another small bowl mix non-dairy milk with 1 tbsp of your mustard/mayo mixture.
- Thinly sliced your brussels sprouts and set aside.
- Slice your tofu into pieces 1/2″ thick.
- Add oil to your pan and heat for frying. While it is heating dunk each tofu piece in the milk mixture then coat in lemon pepper almond mixture. Fry each piece of tofu until golden brown. It is okay if the breading comes off a bit. Once fried, set on a paper towel to absorb any extra grease.
- In a small pan sautee your brussels sprouts with salt and pepper to taste.
- To put the plate together, spoon some of the mustard mixture in a line across the plate. Set brussels sprouts in another line across the plate, crossing the two across each other. Set slices of radish on top of the brussels sprouts and lay two pieces of tofu on top of them. Drizzle with remaining mustard mix and serve.