White Chocolate Coconut Cookies
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post by iChoc Vegan Chocolates
Whoever said diamonds are the way to a girls heart was lying. Chocolate. Chocolate is the way to a girls heart. Ask any of them. Honestly chocolate is the way to anyone’s’ heart, we would imagine. Why would it not be? Especially when it’s this good.
As you can tell from the previous paragraph, this recipe is good, like really good. The perfect combination of coconut and chocolate. We took our favourite coconut macaroon recipe and turned them into cookies and honestly it is like they are a completely different recipe. We love that with a few instructional changes but all the same ingredients you can make a whole new version.
For this Valentine’s Day video, we teamed up with iChoc Vegan Chocolate. They are seriously one of our favourite brands, because they are doing so much deliciousness for the vegan community. They are without a doubt our favourite vegan chocolate brand. Katherine discovered them on her hunt for delicious vegan white chocolate, because as much as she loves dark, she also loves white chocolate. iChoc was born out of the simple idea that vegans deserve delicious milk chocolate that actually tastes like milk chocolate. iChoc’s range of flavours consists of classic milk chocolate, almond orange, choco cookie, super nut, white nougat crisp and white vanilla. We know, we’re drooling too right now.
To create these amazing cookies in this post we used their white vanilla bar (Kat’s favourite bar from their collection). It makes the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert/snack for all day because it makes like twenty of them. That is a lot of delicious Valentine’s Day goodies. Afterall it is Valentine’s Day, not hour. Plus, we don’t know about you but our day gets instantly better when chocolate is involved and couldn’t imagine a life without it.
White Chocolate Dipped Coconut Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 can condensed coconut milk 125 mL
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 iChoc white vanilla bar melted
- Preheat your oven to
- Add your coconut to your food processor and process until a finer ground.
- Add your flour, condensed coconut milk and vanilla extract and process until a dough forms.
- Dump your coconut macaroon dough an a lined surface and using your hands flatten your dough to about 1 centimetre thick.
- Using a small round cookie cutter cut out about 20 cookies or until all the dough is used up.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until the bottom edges are golden brown.
- Once baked remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Melt your chocolate (we used double broiler, but use the method that you know best) and dip each cookie half in chocolate and place on a lined baking sheet to harden.
How to make Vegan Chocolate Desserts (including our White Chocolate Coconut Cookies)