grilled corn salad
Salad has a bad name. It’s what everyone thinks vegans eat, and guys it’s not really everyone’s first choice. At times they can be pretty boring and they just don’t cut it when you want something a little more indulgent (unless of course it’s vegan caesar salad which we LOVE). Don’t get us wrong, we do love salad, as evident from our ode to caesar salad. However were not a fan of it every day after all it is lettuce.
This summer we are here to give salad a better name It’s time to prepare your grill because this salad is a Grilled Corn Salad. You heard that right. With the long weekend just one week away, this is the perfect salad for all your long weekend needs. It’s perfect for potlucks because it is so easy to make a big batch and your can make it the night before so that you aren’t rushed the day of. It would also make an amazing summer meal prep for work.
If there is anything we love, it’s spice, and this salad has it. With the perfect balance of flavours the red thai chili offers the perfect kick of spice in every bite. Paired with the perfect amount of sweet from the mangoes, this salad is seriously the ultimate balance salad.
Bonus points, this recipe can be easily turned into a salsa if pulsed in a food processor a few times. Great for chips and dip. Put this on a burger or a hot dog or even some delicious tofu tacos. Multi-purpose salad is a salad we can get on board with.
GRILLED CORN SALAD
- 3 cobs of corn
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 mangoes
- 1/4 cup cilantro , chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley , chopped
- 1/4 cup oregano , chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 red thai chili , minced
- black pepper , to taste
- Preheat your grill while you prepare your corn and other salad components.
- Wrap your corn in tin foil and set aside. Dice your cucumber, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and mango. Add to a large bowl. Finely chop your herbs and add to your bowl.
- Add your wrapped corn to your preheated grill and cook for about 10-15 min. Once cooked remove the tin foil and place back on grill to char the corn a little bit on each side.
- Cut your corn kernels off the cob and place in your bowl.
- Combine all your dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix. Pour your dressing over your salad and toss to coat.
Watch the video