Ultimate Canadian Caesar
As Canadians there are many things to be proud of; our beautiful landscape, politeness, maple syrup, ketchup chips, and of course our drink of choice, Caesars! It’s an absolute classic. If there were any drink that embodies a Canadian it’s this one. The ultimate brunch drink because it not only is a great cocktail but it also has a snack built right into the recipe.
We know what you’re thinking, doesn’t a Caesar contain clamato juice? Yeah it does, it’s what makes it so great. Unfortunately clamato juice isn’t vegan or vegetarian. We still wanted to have Canada’s drink so we made a vegan version. Complete with all the deliciousness of clamato juice, just without the clams! In case you’re not Canadian, were essentially talking about a Bloody Mary (but better, sorry USA).
This is one of two delicious caesars we made for you today. As it’s Canada we set out to have a mini competition between the two of us – who can make the better Caesar. We want you to be the judge. This is the Ultimate Canadian Caesar. Not only is the drink very Canadian, but it features a maple syrup and ketchup chip rim, homemade Timbits (aka donut holes), poutine, vegan bacon, and of course a celery stalk.
Be sure to check out the other Caesar – Sweet Chili Heat Caesar! It’s fire-y and delicious. Happy Canada Day friends. Have fun, eat great food, and drink responsibly.
ULTIMATE CANADA CAESAR
- 1 batch classic vegan caesar (see link to recipe in the instructions)
- 1 serving vegan timbits (see link to recipe in the instructions)
- 1/2 serving vegan mushroom gravy (see link to recipe in the instructions)
- 1 cup crispy french fries
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella
- 2 strips vegan bacon
- 3 tsp maple syrup , divided
- 2 tbsp vegan ketchup chip crumbs
- hot sauce , to taste
- 2 stalks celery
- Bake a batch of our vegan timbit recipe.
- Make a batch of our mushroom gravy recipe.
- Bake a cup of frozen fries according to the instructions on the package.
- Make a batch of our classic vegan caesar recipe.
- Fry up two strips of vegan bacon and set aside.
- Add 1 tsp maple syrup (we used whiskey infused maple syrup, but just regular will do) to a shallow dish. Add your ketchup chip crumbs (the Canadian no name chips are vegan) to a second shallow dish. Place the rim of your mason jar in your maple syrup then into your chip crumbs.
- To your glasses add in a few cubes of ice, 1 tsp of maple syrup each, and a couple drops of ghost pepper hot sauce. Add your caesar cocktail to each glass.
- On a plate make your poutine with your fries, cheese shreds, and hot vegan gravy. Once the cheese has melted a bit, skewer fries onto a bamboo skewer. Skewer about 4 vegan timbits onto a separate bamboo skewer. Make two of each skewers.
- Place your poutine skewer into your caesar, along with your timbit skewer, a strip of vegan bacon, and a celery stalk. Enjoy being your ultimate Canadian self.
How to make the Ultimate Canadian Caesar