Spaghetti Squash Noodle Soup
October 28, 2018
Spaghetti Squash Noodle Soup Recipe
Warm and cozy - perfect for a brisk Autumn day. Whether you're feeling the need for something comforting or feeling a tad sick, this soup is perfect for you.
Servings 6 people
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- pinch salt & pepper to taste
- 2 shallots finely diced
- 5 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 green chili finely diced
- 10 cups water
- 3 tbsp vegetable broth paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp curry paste
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 medium-sized carrots sliced
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 1 bunch kale roughly chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- cilantro for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half and drizzle with oil, salt and pepper. Using your hands rub in the oil and spices around the whole squash. Cut side down, place the squash on lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Add the shallots, garlic, and chili pepper to a large stock pot on medium heat and sautee until golden brown.
- Add water, vegetable broth paste, ginger paste, turmeric, curry paste, miso, and soy sauce to the pot. Stir until everything is combined.
- Add the sliced carrots and celery to the broth and allow to come to a boil with the lid on for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the button mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the kale and stir until just wilted, and finish with a little lime juice.
- Remove the spaghetti squash fro the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Using a fork pull the squash into spaghetti-like strands. Add the squash noodles into the stir and stir until combined.
- Serve your soup with a little bit of cilantro and enjoy!