Grilled Sausage Pesto Pizza
This blog post and recipe for Grilled Sausage Pesto Pizza is sponsored by All-Clad Canada.
Crispy pizza crust with a fluffy interior, topped with fresh pesto, spicy sausage, cherry tomatoes and oyster mushrooms. We took everyone’s favourite food and gave it a special summer twist. If you know us, you know just how much we both love pizza and grilling. That’s why for our first recipe in partnership with All-Clad Canada we’re making a Grilled Sausage Pesto Pizza.
Over the course of the next few months we teamed up with All-Clad Canada, a cookware company creating thoughtful and durable kitchenware, to bring you delicious recipes using their incredible products. Each video will feature one of their products and we’ll show you how to create a delicious plant-based recipe with it. This month’s recipe is all about summer cooking, aka the grill using their 3-Piece Outdoor Cookware Set and Barbecue Tool Set. Cooking up our Grilled Sausage Pesto Pizza was easier than ever. The grill baskets made it easy to cook up each topping without losing any through the grill. The Grill Roaster’s low sides and large size was perfect for the pizza dough. Not to mention the extra long handles on the Barbecue Tools made it super easy for Kat not to burn herself, as she so frequently does. If you own a grill and love being outside as much as you can in the summer – these barbecue accessories will be your best friends.
Why this Grilled Sausage Pesto Pizza is a must make:
- You get to enjoy the sun while you cook.
- Comes together in about 30 minutes.
- The All-Clad Canada grill accessories makes the whole process a breeze.
- It’s perfect for a summer gathering.
- It’s absolutely delicious.
All you need is some store-bought fresh pizza dough (most grocery stores should carry this), vegan pesto, vegan spicy sausage, oyster mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and a little oil for that perfect golden brown crust. Most people find cooking good pizza quite intimidating – we’re here to show you how you can make restaurant worthy pizza in your own backyard. It all starts with the dough. First we’re going to say it once and once only, put the rolling pin aside. Rolling pins, while great to get your dough thin knock a lot of those amazing air bubbles out of the crust. All the time and effort it took for the dough to rise will be for nothing. Instead, use your hands and fingers to push out the dough gently – or if you’re feeling adventures toss it!
The oven or method of cooking is one of the most important aspects to cooking great pizza. The best pizza ovens are wood-fired and get SUPER hot. Unfortunately, most people don’t have the space or money to have their own pizza oven in their home. Luckily for you, if you have a grill it’s one of the next best things. Grills get those super hot temperatures, upwards of 500F, that allow you to get the perfect leoparding across your dough. Plus with the higher temperature you can cook your dough quickly and easily. Then all you have to do is top it with your favourite toppings – we chose pesto, sausage, tomatoes and mushrooms.
Check out the full recipe and instructions with video below.
Grilled Sausage Pesto Pizza
- 650 g store-bought dough
- 2 spicy vegan sausage
- 3 tbsp (45 g) vegan pesto
- 1.5 cups (200 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1.5 cups (100 g) shiitake mushrooms
- 5 tsp ( mL) canola oil
- Add mushrooms and tomatoes to a bowl, drizzle 2 tsp of oil and toss until coated.
- To a grill on high heat add the mushrooms and tomatoes to the round grill basket and the sausages directly to the grill. Cook the vegetables until the tomatoes start to burst and the mushrooms soften and the sausage until golden and grill lines on each side. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Using your hands press out the pizza dough until desired thickness - about 1/4". If you're feeling confident you could toss the dough using both your hands. You can either divide the dough into half and do two small pizzas, which will be easier to flip, or roll out a bigger pizza.
- Lightly grease the Grill Roaster and place the dough in the center. Place on the hot grill and cook until the bottom side is golden and leoparded*. Flip the dough. While the other side cooks you construct your pizza. Using the All-Clad brush, spread pesto across the entire pizza. Top with burst cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and sliced sausage. Close the grill lid to continue cooking. Remove from the oven once the bottom has some nice char.
- Slice and serve.
How to make the best Vegan Grilled Pizza EVER.