Mason Jar Ramen
Quick and easy Mason Jar Ramen that requires absolutely no cooking to prepare.
Who here isn’t ready for summer to end? Whether summer is your favourite season or not you can’t deny how happy a clear skies, sunny day makes you. This time of year brings two kinds of feelings out. Firstly we’re sad to see summer come to an end and to say goodbye grilling season, fresh local fruit and cottage days. Secondly we’re so ready to kick work into high gear, produce awesome content and eat ALL THE SQUASH.
To kick things off we’re doing another challenge, this time it’s work/school lunch edition. When it comes to a lunch for work you know we hate meal prep (Kat especially – hi 👋) so instead she wanted to make something that was similar to meal prep but takes significantly less time. Introducing our easy peasy Mason Jar Ramen.
What makes this ramen so delicious:
- 5 minutes in prep, 10 minutes in rest.
- Packed full of flavour.
- Fits in a small bag or briefcase.
- You cook nothing.
All you have to do is throw everything in a jar and then when you get to work just top it up with some boiled water. Typically most offices will have a kettle, but if not you can go to a local coffee shop to ask for some boiling water to fill it with. Another key component to this dish is the mason jar. It’s best to use a wide mouth mason jar that’s at least 1/2 a litre.
Don’t forget to bring some chopsticks with you and rinse out your jar when you’re done. Check out the full recipe and video challenge below.
Mason Jar Ramen
- 1 pkg instant ramen noodles
- 15 g dehydrated mushrooms
- 40 g tofu cubes
- 10 g green onions
- 10 g kale
- 16 g sliced carrots
- 18 g edamame
- 1 tsp hot sauce of choice
- 1 tbsp bouillion paste
- nori for topping
- Add bouillon paste and chilli paste evenly to two mason jars.
- To the mason jars layer in evenly dehydrated mushrooms, tofu cubes, edamame, carrots, kale and instant ramen noodles. Depending on the jar you use, you may need to really pack it in there.
- When you're ready to enjoy all you have to do is pour over boiling water and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes. Using chopsticks stir everything together until the broth has been evenly distributed throughout the ramen.
- Top with nori and enjoy.
How to make easy vegan Mason Jar Ramen (video)