Quick and easy plant-based apple crumble perfect for your next family dinner, sponsored by All-Clad Canada.
A classic dessert that never disappoints. We teamed up with All-Clad Canada to bring you this Apple Crumble. Using their Oval Au Gratin we set out to make the classic Fall dessert. Something that was easy to make, yet still delicious and Apple Crumble hit all those marks. No matter how many times you make it, or how many times you eat it, you’re always okay having more. Topped with vanilla ice cream, it’s hard to beat this buttery, comforting dish.
What do we love about Apple Crumble? It’s a simple dessert that doesn’t require fancy ingredients or techniques. Instead a few staple ingredients and a little baking and you have a delicious dessert.
There are six components to a great apple crumble:
- Plant-based Butter
Anything beyond the above is truly up to you, but really an apple crumble doesn’t require much and that’s truly the beauty of it. Made with a blend of granny smith and honey crisp apples, you get both sweet and sour notes. Topped with a buttery crumble and vanilla ice cream everything is balance perfectly.
Now let’s talk about this product. The Oval Au Gratin is the perfect size and shape for this wonderful dessert. The perfect depth for the perfect ratio of crumble to apples. The pan is durable and as always has easy to grip handles.
We were tasked with creating a recipe around the idea of gifting. Instead we opted for the more literally approach. All-Clad Canada was nice enough to give a second Oval Au Gratin for a giveaway over on our Instagram. Head over there where you can enter for your chance to win! Plus don’t forget to download the printable recipe card so that you can gift this great product along with the recipe card for them to make the recipe. Go the extra step and provide them with all the ingredients to make it.
- 310 g (2) granny smith apples
- 310 g (3) honeycrisp apples
- 8 g (1 tbsp) flour
- 65 g (1/3 cup) brown sugar
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 90 g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 120 g (1 cup) flour
- 113 g (1 cup) butter cubed
- 97.5 g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- pinch salt
- 42.5 g (1/3 cup) chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Dice apples into 1 cm cubes. Add to the gratin pan along with remaining apple filling ingredients. Toss until apples are coated and everything is evenly distributed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine all crumble ingredients except butter. Cube butter and add to the mixture. Using a fork or your hands crumble the butter into the mixture until pea sized pieces remain.
- Top apple mixture with the crumble and bake in middle of the oven for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with a scoop of apple pie.
How to make Plant-Based Apple Crumble: