Apple Cinnamon Yogurt Bowl
5-Minute Apple Cinnamon Yogurt Bowl perfect for a chilly winter morning.
When looking for a quick and easy breakfast in the morning that’s packed with nutritional value, we almost always think of yogurt. A yogurt bowl requires little to no prep and can be paired with a lot of delicious toppings. This Apple Cinnamon Yogurt bowl is perfect for the winter season and comes together in about 5 minutes.
What you need for this Apple Cinnamon Yogurt Bowl:
- Apples: The type of apple is completely up to you. Kat prefers something tart and Dev looks for something sweet. Meet in the middle and do one of each!
- Cinnamon: Is it even a winter dish if cinnamon isn’t involved? Cinnamon adds such a home-y feel that’s literally comfort in every bite.
- Nutmeg: If you’re not pairing cinnamon with nutmeg did you even use cinnamon? Pair the two for the perfect apple pie spice flavour.
- Maple Syrup: The only liquid sweetener you need. Choose a dark maple syrup for the most robust flavour.
- Water: Use in place of butter or oil for sauteeing the apples.
- Yogurt: Make sure you choose dairy free! There are a lot of delicious plant-based yogurt options to choose from. Kat prefers soy-based, but there are also almond, coconut and other nut-based options available.
- Nuts: Adds the perfect crunch to the top. Add your favourite nut or a medley of chopped nuts. We typically opt for pecans!
All you need to do for this super simple and delicious breakfast is combine the apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup and water in a pan on medium heat and cook until the apples are tender. Once done, top your yogurt with the mixture and sprinkle with nuts for an extra crunch.
Want a shortcut to this delicious dish? Just top some yogurt with apple cinnamon granola that you can cook ahead of time or buy from the store! Add a little maple syrup and viola, you’ve got yourself an easy and delicious breakfast in about 2 seconds.
Yogurt Breakfast Bowl
- 160 g (2) apples diced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 10 mL (2 tsp) maple syrup
- 5 mL (1 tsp) water
- 245 g (1 cup) yogurt
- 62 g (1/2 cup) chopped nuts
- To a pan on medium heat, add water and heat for about 60 seconds.
- Add apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Top yogurt with the apple mixture and top with nuts.