Ginger Green Smoothie
Ginger Green Smoothie; the perfect balance of tropical flavours to jumpstart your morning.
We’re a big believer in breakfast and how it can help start your day out right. However we also know that most people, including ourselves are often too busy in the morning to have a proper breakfast. That’s where smoothies come in. Easy to make, comes together in minutes and packed with nutrients. This Ginger Green Smoothie is no exception.
But first what makes the perfect smoothie? When adding greens there are a few things that you need to ensure you do to make your smoothie both enjoyable and healthy.
Our top tips for a delicious green smoothie:
- Blend the greens first! In order to avoide unblended greens in your smoothie and the salad taste that comes with it, blend your liquid and greens first. Even with a high speed blender like a Vitamix you’ll want to do this step. Then just blend until there are no more green flecks.
- Frozen fruit is a must. To get the right texture you need a good mixture of frozen and fresh. We try and do about a 50/50 split. Too much frozen ingredients and your smoothie will taste too icy, all fresh and it loses that smoothie quality.
- Add all the greens and fruit. Greens blend well when done right, so you can add more than you think. Pack in the greens to up the nutritional value, but when you do don’t forget about the fruit! Fruit will help keep it sweet and avoid the salad-like taste.
- Don’t shy away from flavourful ingredients. Don’t be afraid to add very flavourful ingredients like cinnamon, ginger, citrus and anything else your heart desires.
So what’s our perfect green smoothie? This Ginger Green Smoothie is the perfect balance of flavour and nutrition. The perfect way to start your morning.
The seven ingredients you need for this Ginger Green Smoothie:
- Soy Milk
- Frozen Mango
- Frozen Pineapple
- Lemon Juice
Make this recipe in about 5 minutes and enjoy on the go. Get the full recipe below.
Ginger Green Smoothie
- 134 g (2 cups) baby spinach
- 480 mL (2 cups) soy milk
- 140 g (1 cup) frozen mango
- 140 g (1 cup) frozen pineapple
- 105 g (1) banana
- 8 g (1") knob ginger
- 15 mL (1/2) lemon juiced
- To a blender add kale and soy milk. Blend until you don't see any more leafy green pieces. This step is especially important if you don't have a high speed blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.