Vegan Oreo Truffles
Decadent, creamy Vegan Oreo Truffles make the perfect replacement for a box of chocolates.
Would you believe these gorgeous balls of heaven are only 3 ingredients and no-bake!? Make Valentine’s Day easy this year with these quick and easy 3 step truffles. There are few things better in this world than chocolate and honestly we can’t even think of what they are.
Looking for a delicious dessert to impress your significant other, but just don’t have time? We’ve got you. These Vegan Oreo Truffles are the perfect option because their delicious, decadent, can be made ahead of time and use minimal ingredients. Just make them, store them in an air-tight container in the fridge and enjoy all week long.
Ingredients needed for Vegan Oreo Truffles:
- Oreos – You can get creative here. Use whatever flavour or variation you like best, but we opted for the classic double stuffed Oreo.
- Vegan Cream Cheese – To form the truffles we used vegan cream cheese, essentially making delicious Oreo cheesecake truffle. Depending on your taste, choose a vegan brand that you like betst. We picked Daiya because it was readily available, however the Tofutti brand is also a favourite.
- Dark Chocolate – The sweetness of an Oreo needs to be offset a little bit and doing that with dark bitter chocolate is a great way to do so. We chose our favourite dark chocolate and melted it down in a double-boiler.
- Toppings – Now this is fully optional, but you can customize your truffles with your choice of topping. We topped ours with sprinkles and a white chocolate drizzle.
Delicious toppings ideas:
- White Chocolate
- Toasted Coconut
Now the question of the hour, how do you perfectly dip your truffles in chocolate? There are many different methods people use to dip truffles, we opted for the toothpick method. Using a toothpick, pick up a truffle and dip it in the melted chocolate until fully covered. Place on a lined baking sheet and gently remove the toothpick, using the tip to cover the hole with chocolate. Optionally you can use a fork or just pour the melted chocolate over the truffles.
Vegan Oreo Truffles
- 14 double stuffed Oreos
- 115 g vegan cream cheese
- 200 g dark chocolate
- sprinkles (optional)
- vegan white chocolate , melted (optional)
- Add Oreos to a food processor and pulse until they’re all broken down into crumbs.
- In a bowl combine the Oreo crumbs with some soft vegan cream cheese. Using a spoon cream the mixture until you'd be able to roll the mixture into balls.
- Once it’s all combined, roll them into balls and place on a parchment lined tray.
- Place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Melt down dark chocolate in a double boiler over the stove.
- Dip the Oreo balls in the melted chocolate and place back on the tray. Top with sprinkles or any other topping of choice before the chocolate hardens.
- Place back in the freezer until the chocolate hardens. If using vegan white chocolate, drizzle melted chocolate over hardened truffles.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container.