Jalapeno Popper Mummies
Halloween is around the corner. The day where you can literally dress in any kind of outfit and someone will assume you are in costume. That’s our favourite part about Halloween, you can look as ridiculous as you want and people will always assume it’s a costume.
Continuing our apparent tradition of making Mummy themed foods for Halloween is our Jalapeno Poppers! Stuffed with all the cheesy goodness, these poppers are little explosions of happiness. A slight kick of heat complements the salty cheesy filling, you cannot help but get addicted to this little guys.
We apologize that it is not much of a recipe, but we just couldn’t help ourselves. When we thought of the idea, it was just too cute to pass up. We will admit that ours don’t really look like mummies, maybe the reason we are foodtubers and not diyers. We are sure that there are many people out there with more artistic talent than we have that would be able to knock these out of the park.
The perfect appetizer for your upcoming Halloween party or just any other regular Tuesday night.
Makes: 10 poppers
- 5 jalapenos
- 1/2 cupo vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg puff pastry
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice your jalapenos in half and scoop out as many seeds as you wish too. We left in about half the amount of seeds and it was not too spicy.
- In a small bowl combine your cream cheese and cheddar cheese until smooth.
- Scoop a heaping tbsp into each jalapeno half so that they are packed full.
- Place your puff pastry on a well floured surface and roll out until a quarter inch thick. Using a sharp knife cut half inch slices out of your puff pastry and wrap around each popper like a mummy. Place completed poppers on a lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl add your butter, garlic and thyme and microwave until melted.
- Brush the garlic butter onto each jalapeno popper and bake for 20-25 min or until golden brown.