MASON JAR SALAD
September at Two Market Girls is all about quick and easy meals. With it being the end of summer and back to school or work, time to make meals can kind of disappear.
When I was in university I almost never brought lunch to school with me (until I became vegan in my third year, when I started to). I would wake up early enough to shower and head to class, and never want to make a lunch the night before. It takes so long and it’s really messy.
When I became vegan, and before I tapped into my creativity, I began taking salads to school. Doing that created one of my favourite and super quick meals to take to school or work. The mason jar salad just takes a few minutes of chopping and your favourite dressing. Not only is it delicious, but it is also super trendy.
Mason Jar Salad (3 Ways)
Cook: 0 min / Prep: 10 min / Total: 10 min / Makes: 1 serving
- 1 cup red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup cucumber slices, quartered
- ¼ cup yellow bell peppers, diced
- ⅓ cup homemade croutons
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp yellow mustard
- pinch of pepper
Toasted Sesame Dressing
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Creamy Dijon Dressing
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp vegan mayo
- pinch salt and pepper
- ¾ tbsp white wine vinegar
- Chop all ingredients and set aside.
- Add all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix together with a small whisk or fork.
- If taking to go: pour dressing first, at the bottom of the mason jar. After that later your salad components; lettuce, kale, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers and croutons.
- If eating immediately: add ingredients to jar, dress with the dressing and shake to coat.