Pumpkin DIYs 3 Ways
We love everything pumpkin at Two Market Girls. The colour, the taste, the aroma. Everything about a pumpkin is magical. Canadian thanksgiving is just around the corner and what better pumpkin item to go with your already delicious vegan dinner but some amazing pumpkin DIYs.
We cooked up three easy and trendy pumpkin DIYs for all your dinner party needs.
Looking for that perfect centrepiece, we’ve got the thing for you. We have created the best pumpkin candle centrepiece that you could want. Filled with perfect fall colours and provides great dinner ambience.
Pumpkin Candle Centrepiece
- 1 large candle
- 1 medium pumpkin
- assortment of fake fall leaves
- hot glue gun
- carving knife
- First step will be to carve your pumpkin. Make sure that you can fit your candle inside your pumpkin and that it can sit in it without falling over. Make sure your pumpkin is cleaned out well. Bonus tip: save the seeds and bake them with some spices for a delicious treat!
- With the candle in the pumpkin start arranging the leaves to be sticking out from between the pumpkin and the candle. Make sure the leave don’t go too high as we don’t want them to catch fire.
- Once you have laid out where you want your leaves hot glue them into place.
- Set it in the middle of the table and enjoy your not-so hard work.
Our second pumpkin DIY is donut themed of course. If you know us at all, you know we love our donuts. Donuts to eat, donut smell, or donut decor. We love it all. Make sure to remind everyone that this isn’t a real donut, even though it really looks like one.
Donut Pumpkin Decor
- 1 small squished pumpkin
- beige paint
- pink paint
- blue paint
- green paint
- yellow paint
- array of paint brushes
- Paint the entire pumpkin with your beige paint. Set aside to dry. You may need to add another layer of paint to cover up any orange.
- Once dry add your pink paint. To get the effect of icing trace a wavy line along the the side of the pumpkin. Trace it as far down as you want the icing to fall. Fill in the entire area above the pink wavy line with your pink paint. Allow to dry.
- Once draw create small lines of blue, green and yellow paint as your sprinkles. All to dry.
- Once dry your DIY pumpkin donut decor is complete!
Our last and our personal favourite is our DIY pumpkin drinking cup. This DIY is actually ridiculously easy and probably one of the best DIYs we have ever made. This DIY is way easy and super cheap. We’ve already made it four times.
- 1 small pumpkin, about the size of your hand
- carving knife
- fake fall leaves
- hot glue gun
- choice of beverage
- Carve out your pumpkin and make sure to wash and clean thoroughly. We want to get all the seeds out. Pro tip: Save the seeds for later and make a delicious snack.
- Using your glue gun attach a fake leaf to each pumpkin cup. You wull use these as labels to write names on.
- Write your name and pour you drink.
- These are the perfect addition to any Halloween or Thanksgiving party.