Sesame Mushroom Crostini
Can anyone else not believe it’s almost 2018 already!? It feels as if 2017 just flew by. We had such an amazing year and cannot thank you all enough! Somehow we managed to grow from around 300 YouTube subscribers to almost 4000 (I know, we can’t believe it either)! We cannot thank you enough, it is truly amazing to see so many people supporting us by liking, commenting, sharing and making our recipes. If you aren’t already YouTube subscribers hop on over there here, in order to join the fam. We’re a fun bunch, we promise.
Christmas is tomorrow (Merry Christmas) which means New Years Eve is just around the corner! Are you hosting a party this year? Going to a party? Just hanging out with yourself at home? Either way, we have so many amazing New Year’s Eve hors d’oeuvres recipes to share with you! Not only does this blog post contain a recipe, but we also have two more recipes for you that you can visit here: Curry Cauliflower Sliders and Air-Fried Jerk Popcorn Tofu.
These Mushroom Crostini are the perfect hors d’oeuvres for the person that doesn’t want to spend a lot of time prepping, but still wants a lot of flavour in order to impress their guests. Seriously though, this recipe is so easy to make but because of the simplicity allow each flavour to really shine, making each bite full of flavour!
Looking for drinks to go along with your food? Come back Wednesday for three amazing cocktail recipes in collaboration with Yongehurst Distillery Co.
Sesame Mushroom Crostini
Makes: 20-24 crostini
- 1 baguette
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- 2 cups dehydrated shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, + more for toppings
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add your dehydrated mushrooms to some boiling water and allow to re-hydrate for about 10-15 minutes.
- While the mushrooms re-hydrate slice your baguette into rounds and place on a baking sheet. You can optionally drizzle some sesame oil over them for some extra flavour. Bake for about 10 minutes or until toasted.
- Slice up your mushrooms and add to a hot pan with sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, fresh rosemary and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Toss until coated in all the flavours and spices. Sautee until heated, approximately 10 minutes.
- Spread some vegan cream cheese on each crostini, top with some of the sauteed mushrooms and sprinkle with some sesame seeds.