Sweet & Savoury Grilled Cheese
It’s an exciting week here at Two Market Girls. This is the week that we are celebrating our blog and YouTube channel turn one year old! We are so happy with the growth and support that we have had over this last year and honestly cannot thank you all enough. It has been such an amazing ride and we cannot to continue making great recipes for every one of you.
If there is every something that you want to see made on our channel please do not hesitate to comment below or on any of our social medias. You can find us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Since it’s TMG’s first birthday we knew we had to do something a little different and special; a recipe challenge! What challenge would be better than grilled cheese? So that’s what we did, a grilled cheese challenge.
With Devin bringing her A-game with her pizza grilled cheese, this savoury sandwich is the perfect lunch. Quick and easy to make, plus look how bloody delicious that looks and it tastes even better than it looks.
This grilled cheese is the perfect lunch if you’re craving pizza but don’t want to go about making a whole dang pizza that is going to take 30 minutes. This grilled cheese takes about 15 minutes total to make and about 30 seconds to inhale.
Since Devin had the savoury route done, Katherine wanted to do something a little different, something sweet. You heard that right, a sweet grilled cheese.
This delicious beauty of a grilled cheese is jam-packed with warm cream cheese and tastes so much like a birthday cake, you’ll think it’s your damn birthday. Now it can be your birthday every damn day and what monsters donut want that.
Whose is batter? You be the judge. Watch our video and be sure to vote in the poll for your favourite!
Pizza Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 slices vegan cheese (Earth Island Garden Herb)
- 5 vegan pepperoni slices
- 1 mushroom, sliced
- 4 slices jalapeno
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2-3 tsp tomato sauce
- In a pan on medium heat, add a touch of oil and cook your mushroom slices and pepperoni for about 2 minutes.
- In a small pinch bowl combine your garlic powder, dried oregano and nutritional yeast.
- Butter one side of each of the slices of bread and sprinkle on the garlic mixture evenly. On the other side of the slices spread your tomato sauce evenly.
- One the side with the tomato sauce layer your fillings; first cheese slice, mushrooms, pepperoni, jalapenos and your second slice of cheese. Plce your second slice of bread, tomato sauce side down, on top of the filling and place in a pan on medium heat to cook and melt the cheese. In order to help the cheese melt be sure to place a lid over top of your pan. The bread should be golden brown on both sides and the cheese melted.
Funfetti Grilled Cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup betty crocker rainbow cake powder mix
- 1/4 cup vegan cheddar cheese shreds
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 slices french style bread (hard crusty outside)
- In a small bowl add your vegan cream cheese, cake mix, vegan cheddar cheese, 1 tsp vanilla extract and almond extract. Mix until all combined.
- In a small pinch bowl, add your butter and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and mix until the vanilla is all throughout the butter.
- One one side of your bread slices spread your vanilla butter and on the other side spread your cream cheese mixture.
- Toast in a pan on medium to low heat. Place the lid on the pan to help the cheese melt with the toasting.