3 Refreshing Summer Mocktails that will only leave you thirsty for more.
Here in Canada summer can be HOT. Being outside all day can be exhausting and when the summer is beaming down on you sometimes water just isn’t going to cut it. These 3 Refreshing Summer Mocktails (which can easily be made into cocktails if you’re feeling like an extra kick) are the perfect solution on a hot day.
So what’s the formula to the perfect summer drink?
- Lots of fresh fruit.
- Lots of fresh herbs.
- Some bubbly beverages.
- Keeping it ice cold.
- Allow the fruit to infuse.
- Drinking under the sun.
The best part about these recipes is that they’re perfect for the whole family! Whether your serving up to kids or grandparents, these fizzy drinks are perfect for your next family barbecue. Each drinks has its own delicious flavour profile. Serve up one or all three, either way people will love you for it. All these recipes come together in under 5 minutes – perfect for when you need to whip up something quick for guests and juice or water just won’t cut it.
Pair your new favourite summer drinks along with some delicious food! Looking for the perfect dip? Try our 7 Layer Mediterranean Dip – 7 delicious layers of Mediterranean goodness. How about the perfect burger? Check out our guide for the best plant-based burgers at the grocery store or make your own! Plus don’t forget dessert – try out our Jackfruit Chia Pudding, S’mores Cookies or Baked Pears with Pecan Crumble.
Mango Basil Spritzer
Just three ingredients and about 5 minutes of your time and you’ll have this beauty. Best enjoyed as a nice refreshing start to your day.
Mango Basil Spritzer
- 2 (330 g) fresh mango
- 400 mL ginger ale
- 1/2 cup (10 g) fresh basil
- Add peeled mangos and half the basil to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine mango puree and ginger ale. Add remainign fresh basil and mix. Drink immediately or allow to rest for 30 minutes for the basil to infuse flavour.
Amp up your favourite summer cocktail with a hit of fresh blueberries.
- 1/3 cup (35 g) fresh blueberries
- 10 mint leaves
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lime juiced
- 100 ml soda water
- Blend or muddle blueberries until smooth. Set aside. You may want to add a splash of water to avoid the blueberry puree from becoming gelatinous.
- Divide the mint leaves and maple syrup into each glass. Use a muddler or wooden spoon to mash at the bottom of the glass for about 60 seconds - the longer the more flavour will be released .
- Stir in lime juice, soda water and blueberry mixture.
- Garnish with extra blueberries, lime, and mint if desired.
Citrus Rosemary Kombucha
Take your kombucha up a level. A quick citrus and fresh herb addition turns your kombucha into a delicious backyard punch.
Citrus Herb Kombucha
- 1 L ginger kombucha
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 blood orange, sliced
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- Add sliced citrus and rosemary to kombucha. Mix.
- Allow to rest and infuse for about 30 minutes.
Pingback: 36 Vegan Canada Day Recipes Perfect for a Party | Two Market Girls