September is that time of year parents love, but kids hate. It’s back to school month! Whether your in kindergarten or college, it’s stressful. You have to be on your own for most of the day, are pressured to learn no things, and need to figure out how you’re going to nourish yourself. Long story short, you’re going to be busy. With 3 Easy Vegan Back to School Snacks you’ll never go hungry during class again.
School snacks are how we got through our schooling. You should never try and get through a 3 hour lecture without some good snacks. Plus don’t forget about those late night study sessions. To preform well you school you need to remember you sustenance. Never get caught without a snack. Whether you’re looking for sweet or savoury, these snacks are sure to satisfy those cravings.
Not a student? That’s okay! You don’t need to be a student to enjoy these delicious snacks. Perfect for a weekend high, work lunch, or movie night snacking.
Don’t forget last week we gave you 3 Back to School Sandwiches. Snacks aren’t enough to feed your hungry student bodies. Check out the full recipes and video for our 3 back to school snacks below.
Crispy Baked ChickpeasPrint
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Drain, rinse and pat dry your chickpeas. You can keep the chickpea liquid from the can and use it as an egg replacer or make our awesome Aquafaba Chocolate Mousse. (See recipe here.)
- Add your chickpeas to a mixing bowl along with your oil and lime juice. Mix until all the chickpeas are covered evenly.
- Add your spiced to the chickpeas and toss until coated evenly.
- Spread out your chickpeas evenly on a slipat or parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until crispy.
Almond Butter Oat BitesPrint
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp vegan chocolate chips, optional
- In a food processor, process the rolled oats into a finer flour. You still want some texture to it, so pulse it a few times until you get your desired consistency.
- Add your dates, almond butter and vanilla to your food process and process until a dough forms.
- Add your non dairy milk and process again.
- Add your chocolate chips and mix in using a spoon or spatula.
- Roll your desired size balls and place in freezer safe dish. Freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Store in fridge or freezer.
- 1 cup coconut shavings
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 4 tbsp brown rice syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F
- To a bowl add all your dry ingredients and mix until evenly distributed. Add in your brown rice syrup and mix until all coated.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and pour your coconut mixture into it. Spread into an even layer.
- Baked for about 20-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool for at least an hour but preferably 6 hours. The longer the better.
- Break into bite size pieces and store in an airtight container.
How to make 3 Easy Vegan Back to School Snacks