It’s been a whirlwind year for us and we have all of you to thank for this amazing journey. We managed to grow 300 subscribers on YouTube to 4000! How crazy is that? Thank you to everyone that has shown us so much love and support over the last year. We cannot thank you enough for allowing us to go on this amazing journey. To show you how much we appreciate everything we have three delicious recipes this week instead of just one!
This week is all about food for your New Years Eve festivities. Whether you are hosting, attending or staying home by yourself, these hors d’oeuvres are perfect for any setting. If you are interested in the other two recipes be sure to check them out here: Curry Cauliflower Sliders and Sesame Mushroom Crostini.
We recently got an air-fryer for the holidays and wanted to put it to use right away which is why we made this amazing recipe. Our Air-Fried Jerk Popcorn Tofu is perfectly crispy and perfectly flavourful. We promise everyone will be coming back for seconds, thirds and most likely fourths. I would probably make a triple batch just to be safe.
PS. These go amazing with rum.
PSS. If you are looking for some NYE cockails to go with your food, come back Wednesday for three amazing cocktails featuring Yongehurst Distillery Co. spirits.
Air-Fried Jerk Popcorn Tofu
- 1 block firm tofu pressed
- 1 cup flour divided
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning paste
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Tear pieces of tofu using your hands so that they are roughly the size of popcorn pieces. Set aside.
- To make the batter combine 1/2 cup flour, cold water and your jerk seasoning paste in a medium bowl. Whisk together until well combined. Set aside.
- To make your flour breading add your remaining flour to another bowl with all spice, dried thyme, garlic, onion powder, parsley, coconut sugar and smoked paprika and mix together until well combined. Set aside.
- If using the T-Fal Actifry remove the turning blade and add your avocado oil to the air fryer and turn on for about 1 minute in order for the oil to heat up. Turn off after 1 minute.
- Add your tofu pieces to your batter and toss until coated. Then toss in your flour seasoned flour mixture and add to your air fryer. Do not pile them on top of each other, you may need to make them in two different batches.
- After about 5 minutes in the air fryer, the flour has had a chance to firm up, carefully place the turn blade back into the air fryer into for the tofu to evenly fry. Fry for about 10-15 more minutes, watching them the last five minutes for desired colour and crispness.
- We served these with a vegan blue cheese dip and a spicy mustard dip.