Now you can enjoy a full breakfast on the weekday, thanks to our Air Fryer Tofu Scramble with Home Fries.
Breakfast can be hard. Usually we don’t have a lot of time to prep anything too big so it results in having a toasted bagel or quick oats. Give your toaster a break this week thanks to Dev’s Air Fryer Tofu Scramble with Home Fries. A scramble on a lazy weekend morning or better yet a busy weekday is everything we want, and with this recipe we can have it.
This recipe is all about timing. Because each of the ingredients have different cook time, you have to time everything just right so that when the final timer goes off you have a perfectly cooked scramble. Follow the instructions below for a delicious breakfast in no time. For an even quicker cook, prep all the ingredients ahead of time!
Top cooking tips:
- It’s all in the timing. When making a tofu scramble in the air fryer it’s all about timing. Potatoes take longer to cook than a tofu scramble does which is why you need to watch the clock.
- Load up the spices. Tofu is great for many reasons, but for a flavourful tofu scramble you need to load up on your favourite spices. Good thing for us, tofu is a master at taking on flavour.
- Get creative. Yes we made this recipe and we’d love if you followed it, but ultimately we encourage you to make it your own. Especially with a tofu scramble, swap out seasonings or additions to your liking.
Air Fryer Tofu Scramble FAQ:
Can I use my own spice blend?
Of course! Don’t feel like you have to follow the ingredients to a tee. Recipes are (mostly) made to be guidelines so that you can enjoy delicious food, how you want it. If there’s a spice or seasoning that you don’t like or don’t have feel free to swap it out for one that you’d prefer.
What kind of potatoes do I use?
For this recipe we used yellow potatoes but you can use white potatoes, Yukon gold or red bliss to get a similar result. For something a little different try it out with sweet potatoes!
What if I don’t have an air fryer?
That’s okay! You can still make this recipe, it just may require a little bit more work. You could try to make this recipe in an oven or toaster oven, and follow the similar instructions to the recipe already has. You may just need to think on your feet if it requires a bit more or less time. Alternatively you can bake your home fries and pan fry your scramble separately.
How to make Air Fryer Tofu Scramble with Home Fries:
Air Fryer Tofu Scramble and Home Fries
- 535 g yellow potatoes, cubed
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) steak spice seasoning
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) oil
- 400 g (1 block) extra firm tofu
- 3 g (2 tsp) nutritional yeast
- 5 g (2 tsp) chili lime powder*
- 5 g (2 tsp) steak spice seasoning
- 22 mL (1½ tbsp) oil
- 3 g (1 tsp) turmeric
- 1 g (¼ tsp) black salt
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) liquid smoke
- spinach, to taste
- cremini mushrooms, to taste
- cherry tomatoes, to taste
- Peel and dice potatoes into small cubes. Add to a bowl and drizzle with oil to coat. Sprinkle on steak spice and toss until evenly coated.
- Cook the prepped potatoes in air fryer at 360°F for 20 minutes with rotating paddle in or tossing the potatoes halfway through if your air fryer doesn't have a paddle.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil, liquid smoke, nutritional yeast, chili lime powder, steak spice, turmeric, and black salt. Stir to combine.
- Crumble the tofu into a large bowl and pour the seasoning mixture on top, tossing until it’s all evenly coated.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add in the crumbled tofu. Cook for another 10 minutes, tossing halfway through if your air fryer doesn’t have a paddle. Once the potatoes are golden brown and crispy, the scramble is done.
- We're serving with some sautéed spinach with roasted tomatoes and mushrooms. But you can serve as is or with whatever other ingredients you want.
Pin it for later: