The perfect summer burger is here! Our vegan BBQ Ranch Burger recipe is made with a juicy, plant-based Beyond Meat patty with a homemade ranch and fresh toppings.
Looking for the perfect summertime burger? This is it right here. This BBQ Ranch Burger has a juicy Beyond meat patty with bbq sauce and topped with a homemade ranch dressing, crisp lettuce, crunchy dill pickles, fresh tomatoes and crispy onions.
What is Beyond Meat?
Beyond Meat is a plant-based meat company making some of our favourite vegan meats. This isn’t sponsored but we highly recommend these products. For this recipe we used the Beyond Burgers made with pea protein. It’s regularly available at most grocery stores now!
Top tips for making a BBQ Ranch Burger:
- Season your patties! Just like you would any burger patty don’t forget to season the burgers on both sides with salt and pepper. This ensures a delicious flavour throughout.
- Cook on high heat. For the best texture. flavour, and cook grill the burgers on high heat until your desired done-ness. If using a cast iron pan on the stove you’ll want to cook on a medium-high heat instead of a high heat.
- Flatten the Beyond Meat Burgers. In our opinion Beyond Meat tastes better on the thinner side. We like to slightly flatten each patty so they will fit the buns more accurately.
- Toast the buns. Is it even a burger if the buns aren’t toasted!? Doing so adds flavour and texture and is a great way to level up your summer dinner.
- Load on the sauce. Don’t be shy with the BBQ sauce or homemade vegan ranch dressing – this is where a lot of the flavour lies.
BBQ Ranch Burger FAQ:
Can I make these with my own vegan burger patties?
Yes! We love using Beyond Meat patties but you don’t have to. You can use any vegan store-bought patty or a homemade version. You may need to adjust cooking times and methods based on the patty you choose.
Do burger buns contain dairy?
Not all but some do, so be sure to read ingredient lists carefully. Most grocery stores should have a vegan-friendly burger bun available.
Can I made these on the stove or in the oven?
Yes! We recommend a grill, but if you don’t have a grill you can bake these or cook them in a cast iron pan on the stove. You may need to adjust cooking times and temperatures for each method.
How to make a BBQ Ranch Burger:
BBQ Ranch Burger
- 2 buns
- 2 beyond meat burgers
- 3 tbsp bbq sauce
- 2 slices vegan cheese
- 42 g (3 tbsp) vegan mayo
- 10 mL (2 tsp) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- boston lettuce, shredded (or green leaf)
- dill pickles, sliced
- tomato, sliced
- crispy onions
- Prepare ranch mayo by combining all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill to high heat (if you don't have a grill you can use a cast iron pan on the stove).
- Flatten the beyond patties until they are the size of the buns, season with salt and pepper.
- Grill beyond burgers until golden and desired done-ness.
- Brush patties with bbq sauce and grill an additional 1 minute on each side. Grill the buns until slightly charred.
- Turn off the grill and place a slice of vegan cheese on each patty, closing the grill to allow the warmth to melt the cheese for a few minutes.
- Construct the burgers with the patties, toasted buns, mayo, and additional toppings.