DISCLAIMER: This post contains affiliate links. This means that we get a percentage of the sales, but don’t worry the cost is the same to you. This post is in collaboration with New Air Appliances.
Back to school is around the corner which means it’s time to start thinking quick and easy meals that also happen to be delicious. One of our favourite meals is a wrap. You can pack them with delicious vegetables, they travel well, and are perfectly filling. The perfect meal to fuel you through long study sessions and late night essay writing. Take your wrap game up a notch with our Buffalo Chickpea Wrap.
Warm buffalo smashed chickpeas, paired with crispy fried avocado slices, lettuce, and ranch dressing. The perfect quick and easy lunch for school, work, or even just a relaxing day at home. Typically we try and avoid deep-frying (which you do to make the crispy avocado). It’s obviously delicious, but deep-frying is messy and a lot of work (however, that didn’t stop us from making our classic vegan timbits). We partnered up with New Air Appliances to show you how you can have delicious healthy deep fried food without the time and mess.
New Air sent us their new Magic Chef XL Air Fryer a couple weeks ago to play around with, and honestly we LOVE IT! We have had different air fryers in the past, and this one completely blew us away. The Magic Chef allows for adjustable temperature (this comes in handy for crispy avocado – as a lower temperature is required) and has a built in timer! We know we’ll be using this appliance a lot in the future.
Wrap it up and take it for lunch or simply make it for dinner when you get home – this wrap is the perfect meal. It’s light yet filling and everything paired together is absolutely perfect. This recipe is one of two featuring the Magic Chef XL Air Fryer in a back-to-school wrap challenge! Check out the Korean Fried Tofu Wrap for another delicious school lunch.
Looking for the ultimate air fryer? Purchase the Magic Chef XL Air Fryer and we promise you won’t regret it. Bonus – if you buy it through our link and use code TWOMARKETGIRLS you will receive 25% off! A little bit of warning – it’s fairly big, so make some room if you have a small kitchen. Want to test your luck at winning an air-fryer? Follow us on Instagram @twomarketgirls and look for our giveaway post – closes Wednesday, August 29th 2018.
Buffalo Chickpea Wrap
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup aquafaba
- 3 tbsp chickpea flour
- 2 avocados, , thickly sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup vegan ranch, , homemade or storebought
- 2 wraps
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas - make sure to keep the aquafaba we'll be using it later in the recipe.
- To a pan add the oil and chickpeas on medium heat. Stir until warm - then add the buffalo sauce and garlic powder and stir until coated. With a fork or potato masher crush the chickpeas until desired texture. Remove from heat.
- Add the corn flakes to a food processor and blend until panko-like consistency. Add to a small bowl along with smoked paprika and garlic powder, and set aside. To another bowl add the aquafaba and chickpea flour and mix.
- Dip each piece of avocado in the aquafaba mixture then in the panko crumbs. Add to the air-fryer on a single layer and cook at 350F for 6 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Make a batch of our vegan ranch or you can just use store-bought (we like the Earth Island variety).
- Construct the wrap with a bed of lettuce, chickpeas, crispy avocado pieces, and a generous drizzle of ranch.