Forget the patty we’re stuffing the bun! Buffalo Mac n’ Cheese Burger is next level deliciousness.
You know what makes everything better? Carbs and cheese, aka mac n’ cheese. You’ve probably seen burgers with mac n’ cheese on them or in the patty, but we’re taking it up a notch. Introducing the Puff Pastry Mac n’ Cheese Stuffed Bun – the only way to take your burger up a notch or two or three.
What makes this Buffalo Mac n’ Cheese Burger so good?
- Buttery puff pastry as buns.
- Ooey-gooey cheesey mac n’ cheese.
- Beyond Meat Burger perfectly grilled.
- The ultimate comfort food.
- Buffalo sauce and ranch.
This burger will change minds. It will show people just how great a plant-based burger can be. The crispy and butter puff pastry acts as the perfect shell for the ooey-gooey buffalo mac n’ cheese that adds the perfect moisture level. With the added ranch dressing each bite is perfectly familiar and delicious. This classic flavour pairing takes any burger to the next level.
What do you need for this burger?
- Beyond Meat Burgers
- Store-bought Puff Pastry
- Elbow Macaroni
- Daiya Shreds
- Non-dairy Milk
- Buffalo Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
Bring this burger to your next backyard party or potluck and you’ll seriously impress your guests. First they’ll be asking how the heck you got mac n’ cheese inside a puff pastry and bun. Then they’ll ask how the heck you can make a burger so delicious. Pair this burger with our Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad, Caesar Salad or Mango Salsa. Check out the full recipe and video below.
Buffalo Mac n' Cheese Burger
- 2 beyond meat patties
- vegan blue cheese or ranch dressing, to taste
Puff Pastry Bun
- 1/2 pkg vegan puff pastry
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- sesame seeds, to taste
- 1 cup (100 g) yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (50 g) sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 cup (115 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp (14 g) butter
Mac n' Cheese
- 2 cups (100 g) cooked elbow mac
- 1/2 pkg cheddar daiya shreds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) milk
- 1 tbsp (14 g) butter
- 1/8 cup (30 mL) buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- To make the Mac n' Cheese; combined cooked pasta, vegan cheese shreds, milk, butter and buffalo sauce. Stir until the cheese is melted and a cheese sauce has coated the pasta. If you are using cold pasta you may need to turn the stove on low to add some heat to melt the cheese. Set aside to cool.
- Roll out the puff pastry to about 1/4" thick and using a round cookie cutter the size of your burger cut out 8 rounds (4 per burger) and placed on a lined baking sheet. When the mac n' cheese has cooled spoon 1-2 tbsp of the pasta onto the center of four puff pastry rounds. Using a little bit of water ony our finger trace the edges of the puff pastry and place one of the non mac n' cheese rounds on top of the other with mac n' cheese. Using a fork crimp the edges to seal. Repeat for all puff pastry buns. Brush the tops of each bun with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for about 17 minutes or until golden brown. Each puff pastry brand will be different so make sure to check the box.
- To make the sauteed vegetables; melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped veggies and saute until soft and tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook the beyond burgers on the grill to your desired done-ness.
- Construct the burger with the puff pastry buns, patty, sauteed veggies and top with your choice of vegan ranch or blue cheese sauce.
How make a plant-based Mac n’ Cheese Stuffed Burger (video)