Coconut Peanut Butter Toast topped with creamy natural peanut butter and sprinkled with a medley of nutrient-packed toppings.
We know, peanut butter toast doesn’t sound like much but it’s one of Kat’s favourite quick breakfast recipes. A simple peanut butter toast elevated with delicious crunchy toppings.
How to make the best peanut butter toast:
- Natural peanut butter is key. Avoid any of the mass-produced sugary peanut butter if you want to decrease your sugar intake and want a truly peanut-y taste. Natural peanut butter means you get all the nutrition without the sugar.
- Whole grain toast. Don’t forget about the toast! There’s a lot of flavour to be had in a piece of bread. We ALWAYS use a delicious whole grain or sourdough slice. Something with a lot of flavour!
- Crunchy toppings for texture. Creamy peanut butter is just calling for some crunch. Kat tops her toast with a mixture of nuts and seeds and of course you can’t forget the coconut!
This breakfast idea literally takes about 2 minutes to make, so even if you woke up late you will have time to have breakfast. Simply pop some bread into a toaster while you get ready, add peanut butter and sprinkle with your favourite toppings.
Delicious toppings for peanut butter toast:
- Nuts (pecans, walnuts, peanuts, macadamia, almonds or hazelnuts)
- Seeds (pepitas, sunflower, chia, flax or hemp)
- Coconut (toasted, shredded, sweetened or butter)
- Granola (try our cardamom tahini stovetop granola)
- Fresh Fruit (raspberries, blueberries, banana or apples)
- Chocolate (dark, milk or white)
- Dried Fruit or Jams (raisins, fig, currants or mixed berry)
Coconut Peanut Butter Toast
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 32 g (2 tbsp) peanut butter
- 5 g (1 tbsp) shredded coconut
- 4 g (1 tsp) chia seeds
- 7.5 g (1 tbsp) pumpkin seeds
- 8 g (1 tbsp) sunflower seeds
- Toast bread to your liking. Spread peanut butter over both pieces and evenly sprinkle with the toppings (coconut, chia, pumpkin and sunflower).
Looking for more plant-based breakfast options?
- Tahini Caradmom Stovetop Granola
- Spiced Pancakes with Persimmons
- Matcha Chia Pudding
- Cheese Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich
- Sweet Potato Latke Benedict
- Loaded Potato Waffles