Deep flavour with a creamy base and complete with tender vegan chicken. This Creamy Garlic Chick’n Penne will win over hearts and stomachs this Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day is all about love and we love carbs. We’ve said it a lot and we’re going to keep saying it, carbs is the ultimate love story. They’re there for you when you need comfort, energy or just a little pick-me-up. Carbs are there. This Valentine’s Day we’re dedicating all of our love to carbs. Pasta to be more exact. We went head-to-head in another recipe challenge, pasta edition.
Great minds think alike while Kat did a Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine, Dev made this delicious Creamy Garlic Chick’n Penne. Great minds or do we just hang out with each other too much? That’s besides the point. With only a handful of ingredients you will be shocked at just how flavourful each bite is. In just under 30 minutes you can have perfectly developed flavours for your next dinner party or date night.
Not a fan of mock meats? We don’t take offence to that, just sub the mock chicken for some tofu, tempeh or chickpeas! You’ll still get a great dose of protein without spending a whole lot of money. For the record we think it tastes the best with the mock chicken – it gives it such a familiar taste and texture. This is especially true if you’ll be serving it to a bunch of non-vegans. We guarantee most of them won’t even realize it’s not real chicken.
Looking for more delicious vegan pasta recipes? Check out our Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine or Cauliflower Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells.
Creamy Garlic Chick'n PennePrint
- 450 g Penne Pasta
Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 1 package Tofurky lightly seasoned chick'n
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add dry pasta and cook according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- To a frying pan add about 1 tbsp of oil on medium heat. Add the vegan chick'n and cook in oil until golden brown. Set aside in a small bowl once done.
- Add the vegan butter to that same pan and allow to melt. Add in minced garlic and toss until golden brown. Add in flour and italian seasonings until you get a paste. Add the non-dairy milk and vegetable broth and stir. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Continually stir it to avoid burning. Stir until a gravy-like consistency.
- Once the sauce has begun to thicken add nutritional yeast and stir. Once you've gotten your sauce to the desired thickness, add the liquid smoke and stir in. Set aside.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and toss in the cooked chick'n. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and garlic bread.