Creamy Pumpkin Chili loaded with beans, veggies and vegan turkey.
Do you love pumpkin? We LOVE pumpkin. That’s why when pumpkin season comes around we put it in EVERYTHING. This recipe took a while to come up with. Not because it’s complicated, but because we just couldn’t imagine pumpkin and chili in the same dish. But we’re here to tell you – it works! The creaminess of the pumpkin is the perfect replacement for the tomato juice.
Key flavour components:
- Pumpkin Puree
- Soy Curls
- White Kidney Beans
- Medley of Spices
Chili is one of our go-to meals. It’s easy to make and bursting with flavour. All you have to do is cook up everything in a large stockpot, allow to simmer for as long as you can allow and enjoy. Why is there not set time for chili? You can essentially simmer chili for as long as you want – the longer the simmer the deeper the flavour.
Anyone else have cans on cans on cans of pumpkin puree this time of year. You buy a bunch because you think you’ll eat your weight in pumpkin pie, but unfortunately you don’t. This recipe is an amazing way to use up extra pumpkin puree. It’s also a great way to break up all the sweet pumpkin recipes you’ve probably been eating.
If you love chili, we promise you’ll love this recipe. It’s unique but still familiar. It’s comforting and delicious. Plus topped with some sour cream and/or toasted pumpkin seeds and you’ve got yourself the perfect Fall dinner. Get the full recipe below.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Check out our pumpkin recipe here.
Creamy Pumpkin Chili
- 39 g (3 tbsp) coconut oil
- 240 g (1.5 cups) white onion, , finely chopped
- 100 g (2 medium) carrots, , finely chopped
- 150 g (2 stalks) celery, , finely chopped
- 20 g (4 cloves) garlic, , minced
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp ground sage
- 1 tbsp hot chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 100 g (2.5 cups) soy curls
- 4 g (2 tbsp) fresh rosemary, , minced
- 4 g (2 tbsp) fresh thyme, , minced
- 635 g (3 cups) unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 1 can white kidney beans, (14 fl oz)
- 140 g (1 cup) mushrooms, , sliced
- 40 g (1/3 cup) coconut, , cubed
- 473 mL (2 cups) water
- 1 tbsp bouillion paste
- pinch salt
- 120 g (1/2 cup) vegan sour cream
- Re-hydrate soy curls in boiling water. Drain and squeeze as much water as you can out of them.
- To a pot add coconut oil and melt. Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook for 3-5 minutes with the lid on. Add garlic and stir.
- Tear the soy curls into bite sized pieces and add to pot along with seasonings and herbs. Add in remaining ingredients, except the sour cream. Simmer for 20 minutes or until veggies are all tender.
- Serve with toasted bread and a dollop of sour cream.
How to make plant-based Pumpkin Chili: