Our favourite recipe for simple, yet delicious Crispy Roasted Potatoes. The perfect side or snack.
There’s something special about the simplicity of a roasted potato. This versatile root vegetable comes in all shapes and sizes, but is always delicious. As one of the most popular kitchen staples around the world, it can be easy to complicate them. But sometimes it’s best to keep it simple – these Crispy Roasted Potatoes are proof of that.
The best roasted potatoes are easier than you think and we’re here to show you how. Just chop potatoes into even sized pieces, toss with a little oil and seasoning and bake until golden and crispy. Yep, that’s it. So simple, yet so delicious. But what potatoes do you choose? There are a number of different potatoes that work for this recipe. Generally speaking for baking or roasting you want a starchy or waxy potato like fingerling, Yukon gold, or red bliss. Ultimately you can use whatever potato you like best.
Top tips for making crispy potatoes:
- Oil is important and delicious. Adding a little bit of oil to these roasted potatoes is key to getting perfectly crispy pillows of potato.
- Don’t touch or stir your potatoes while baking. You want your potatoes to form a crispy crust, to do this you want to leave them be. You only want to flip them right at the end, so that you can crisp them on the other side for just a few minutes.
- Broil is your friend. For the final touch to a perfectly crispy roasted potato set your oven to broil and bake until golden brown and crispy.
There are a number of great recipes out there for roasted potatoes, but ours skips the boiling so you have more time to spend with family or prep the rest of your meal.
How can I serve these Crispy Roasted Potatoes?
- Breakfast – Enjoy alongside a tofu scramble or in a hash.
- Snack – Eat as is, with your choice of dip, or try some drizzled with vegan cheese sauce.
- Lunch – Enjoy on a grain bowl or on the side of a delicious veggie sandwich.
- Dinner – Enjoy in a roasted veggie medley on the side of our Maple Glazed Tofu or on the side of a delicious vegan burger.
How to make this recipe:
Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- 1 kg potatoes, chopped
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) oil
- 3 g (1 tsp) smoked paprika
- 3 g (1 tsp) garlic powder
- 3 g (1 tsp) onion powder
- 3 g fresh thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Add the chopped potatoes to the baking dish and toss with oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, fresh thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bake in pre-heated oven without touching for 30 minutes. Gently toss/flip potatoes and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Change your oven to broil at 450°F and cook for 5-7 minutes until crispy. Serve warm.
Pin it for later: