Crunchy Chocolate Nut Butter Cup
Crunchy, chocolately, and nutty - that's all you need in a good chocolate nut butter cup. These will impress anyone and are actually the easiest thing to make.Print Pin It
Servings: 12 cups
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- 1/3 cup puffed quinoa
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place your nuts on a baking sheet and bake in your preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until toasted. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- To skin the hazelnuts, grab a handful and rub them between both hands - the skin with flake off. Place skinned hazelnuts and pecans in a high speed blender or food processor and mix until smooth. The Vitamix took about 3 minutes.
- Pour the nut butter in a bowl and add icing sugar for some sweetness and to thicken. Set aside.
- Melt dark chocolate - we use the double boiler method. Remove from the heat once melted.
- To the melted chocolate add the puffed quinoa and mix until all incorporated.
- To a muffin pan add muffin liners to get the classic peanut butter cup look. Add a small amount of the melted chocolate to each liner - just enough to cover the bottom. Place in the freezer to set for about 15 minutes. Once frozen add in about 1 tsp of the nut butter to each cup, using the back of a spoon spread it so it looks like a small disk - be sure to leave room around the edges for chocolate to cover. Cover with chocolate until it's just flat on top (you don't want the chocolate layer to be too thick). Repeat until all 12 are made. Place in the freezer for about another 15 minutes to set.
- Be sure to store these in the fridge to keep the chocolate hard.