A twist on a classic. Step aside boring plain old mashed potatoes, this holiday we’ll be having our Curry Carrot Cauliflower Mash. We love traditions, just listen to our holiday traditions podcast episode, but we also love changing things up a bit. This mash is the perfect way how because who says you have to have the same meal each and every year.
We love cauliflower, like a lot, it’s one of our favourite vegetables to cook with. However since working with it so much, we quickly learned that there are a lot of people that don’t like it. If you’re one of those people – this is the recipe for you. Complex and full of flavour this cauliflower mash will find its way to all the cauliflower-haters’ hearts.
This Curry Carrot Cauliflower Mash comes together in no time and will be a favourite on your dinner table in no time! You can serve it wherever you might have otherwise used mashed potatoes, but it is so much more colourful and flavourful.
Curry Cauliflower & Carrot Mash
- 1/2 cauliflower, , chopped into florets
- 3 large carrots, , roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 green chili, , roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add chopped cauliflower, carrots, and thyme sprigs to a large pot with boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes or until they just start to get soft. Drain and place the pot back on the heat for about 5-10 minutes to evaporate any last bit of water.
- Remove from the heat and toss with oil, curry powder, and the chopped green chili. Toss to coat. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Return the baked veggies to the pot and add non-dairy milk and butter. Using an immersion blender process until desired consistency. This will be fairly thick, so if you want it thinner add some more milk.