I (Kat) absolutely LOVE figs. I tried them about a year ago and instantly fell in love. I put them in pretty much everything that I can get away with putting them in. Granola is one of them.
Granola is the best snack because it is super versatile and a great healthy option. Granola on its own, on top of a smoothie bowl, in place of cereal, or even in place of a crumble is the best ever.
Can you tell we like granola? Cause we do. This is one of two great granola recipes that we have for you today. Don’t forget to check out our other post for our Vanilla Almond Granola.
Walnut Fig Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup dried figs, sliced
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To a large mixing bowl add rolled oats, walnuts, figs, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix with a wooden spoon until all combined.
- In a small bowl add melted coconut oil, agave nectar and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Pour the wet into the oat mixture and stir until all coated.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.