Whether you’re a busy family or just looking for a quick weeknight dinner, this Garlicky Mushroom Sheet Pan Gnocchi is the easiest dinner you’ll ever make.
When we’re planning our weekly dinners you bet we add this simple Garlicky Mushroom Sheet Pan Gnocchi. Just 10 ingredients that we almost always have on hand, which means we can whip this up whenever we’re craving some delicious but easy. Say goodbye to non-stop kitchen prep and endless ingredient lists – we promise our new favourite vegan pasta will be yours too.
A few months ago we made another sheet pan gnocchi and you loved it so much we decided to make another. While this recipe may skimp on ingredients, it’s still big on flavour. The key is to use just a handful of bold flavours like soy sauce, liquid smoke, shallot, garlic, and fresh herbs.
Can you bake gnocchi?
Yes! Have you ever baked gnocchi before? It’s one of our favourite ways to cook this popular pasta. When searching the ingredient most recipes will tell you to boil your gnocchi. Well we’ve found that we can skip this step and go straight to the oven. Simply toss your gnocchi onto a lined baking sheet with a little bit of oil and your choice of accompaniments and bake until golden and crispy.
Top tips for making Sheet Pan Gnocchi:
- You simple, bold flavours. Sheet Pan Gnocchi is meant to be simple in ingredients and time. In order to make sure it’s still full of flavour you want to pick bold, flavourful ingredients.
- Oil is your friend. To keep your gnocchi from drying out you want to drizzle with a little bit of oil. We also like to make sure our oil adds to the flavour. Instead of using a neutral oil, opt for something like an olive oil.
- Look for that golden brown colour. You know your gnocchi is the perfect combination of pillow-y and crispy when it starts to get golden brown in colour.
How to make Garlicky Mushroom Sheet Pan Gnocchi:
Garlicky Mushroom Sheet Pan Gnocchi
- 350 g (3 cups) mushrooms, sliced
- 65 g (2) shallots, sliced
- 25 g (6 cloves) garlic, minced
- 500 g gnocchi
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 5 mL (1 tsp) liquid smoke
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 25 g (½ cup) parsley, divided
- vegan parm, or nooch
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a lined baking sheet combine gnocchi, mushrooms, shallots, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil, soy sauce and liquid smoke. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley and vegan parm or nooch. Serve.