Summer is all about sun, fresh flavours, and fun. That’s why everyone loves this season right? One of the many reasons we love summer is because it is so centred around food, and well you know how much we love food. A barbecue or potluck party just encompass what summer is all about. Plus the summer flavours in food are seriously the best.
To us summer is all about fresh flavours; herbs, fruits, and vegetables. This recipe encompasses all those delicious things. To date this is probably one of our favourite recipes. Every bite is an amazing burst of summer flavours. Plus we get to use the grill (if there is anything Kat loves more than fresh herbs it’s grilling).
Introducing our Vegan Grilled Peach Flatbread. It’s super easy to make and crazy delicious. With fresh and spicy ingredients, this flatbread is the perfect lunch your summer needs. A delicious pesto on a grilled flatbread topped with grilled peaches and asparagus – can this recipe scream summer anymore?
Pro tip: The pesto that we make for the flatbread makes a delicious pasta topping!
Grilled Peach Flatbread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Peach Tonica Kombucha
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp active yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup dino kale
- 1/3 cup chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 tbsp Peach Tonica Kombucha
- 3 grilled peaches
- 1/2 bunch asparagus
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt + pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- In a small bowl, add your warm water (no warmer than 100- any warmer can kill your yeast), yeast and sugar. Mix until yeast and sugar is dissolved. Let rest for 10 minutes or until foamy. If it doesn’t foam that means your yeast is dead and your dough won’t rise.
- To a mix with a dough hook, add your flour, yeast mixture, kombucha and salt. Mix until just combined. Flour a large clean surface and place your dough in the middle, then dust with flour over top. Knead for 5-6 minutes until your get a perfect dough ball.
- Brush your bowl with some oil and add your dough ball in the middle. Cover with a towel and set aside to rise for about 2 hours.
- While the dough is rising, prepare your toppings. Halve 3 peaches and brush with melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar. This will get your peach those nice carmelized grill lines. BBQ on high until those lines appear.
- Once you get grill lines cut a quick slice off 4 of your peach halves and re-grill the half.
- Take the 2 halves you didn’t slice and add to your food processor with your dino kale and chipotle pepper in adobo sauce. Process until chunky.
- To smooth out your pesto add kombucha and a drizzle of water. The mix should still be chunky but should be smooth enough to spread. Set aside.
- Cut the bottom 1 inch off your asparagus and brush with oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Toss until all coated.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Flip them 4 or 5 times throughout cooking to avoid too much charring.
- Once the dough has risen, divide in 2 and using your finger tips push the dough from the centre outwards to desired shape. Brush generously with oil, to avoid sticking when grilling.
- Grill for 1-2 minutes on either side, add fresh thyme while cooking for extra flavour.
- Once dough is cooked, spread your pesto over the flatbread, add sliced grilled peaches and asparagus and EAT!
How to make Grilled Peach Flatbread