Herby White Bean Salad packed full of fresh parsley, fresh dill, cherry tomatoes, cannellini beans, navy beans – tossed and marinated in a lemony dressing. This simple vegan summer salad is the perfect easy side dish!
Looking for the perfect summer side salad that also happens to be vegan and packed with protein? This Herby White Bean Salad comes together with just a handful of fresh, flavourful ingredients. Cannellini beans and navy beans tossed with diced onion, fresh herbs, and juicy cherry tomatoes with a simple lemony dressing – talk about summer in a bowl!
This recipe couldn’t be simpler! Simply combine the dressing ingredients in a large serving bowl of your choice and mix until emulsified. Then all you need to do is add the salad ingredients and toss. Store in the fridge until ready to serve or up to five days in an air-tight container.
Top tips for making Herby White Bean Salad:
- Make the dressing a your serving bowl. To decrease the amount of dishes used, make your dressing in the bowl you’re going to serve the salad in.
- Marinate onions in dressing to lessen their bite. If you’re someone that doesn’t love onions as much as we do, then soaking them in the dressing for 10-15 minutes beforehand helps to reduce their bite.
- Make the salad ahead of time for the best flavour. If you have the time, making this salad the day before serving means you give it time for the flavour to develop and soak in.
Herby White Bean Salad FAQ:
How long will this last in the fridge?
Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days in your fridge!
Can I substitute other beans in this recipe?
Yes! This recipe is great because you can add or take out anything you want to. Any beans will work in this salad. Some of our favourites include; black beans, kidney beans, lentils, and lupini beans.
What if I don’t like dill?
Leave it out or replace it with another fresh herb! Cilantro or mint would be a great substitute for the dill in this salad.
How to make Herby White Bean Salad:
Herby White Bean Salad
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 can navy beans
- 75 g (½) red onion, finely diced
- 120 g (½ pint) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25 g (½ cup) fresh parsley, finely minced
- 25 g (½ cup) fresh dill, finely minced
- 60 mL (¼ cup) olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 10 mL (2 tsp) maple syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- To large bowl combine dressing ingredients and mixed until emulsified.
- To the bowl add beans, red onions, and cherry tomatoes – toss until coated. Add in fresh herbs and toss to combine.
Pin it for later: