Vegan Honey Garlic Cauliflower Bites
Sticky, sweet and 100% plant-based. “Honey” Garlic Cauliflower Bites are perfect for your next game day party.
Everyone has those game days in their life. Whether you watch hockey, basketball, football, tennis or all of the above these are the snacks for your viewing party. Heck maybe you’re not even a sports fan, these cauliflower bites even make a delicious movie night dinner. Vegan Honey Garlic Cauliflower Bites are super easy to make, crispy and the perfect bite sized food.
Cauliflower wings entered our lives like a wreaking ball. Shattering everything we knew cauliflower to be. These wings are crispy, tender and full of flavour. Even our non-vegan families love having cauliflower wings almost weekly. The cauliflower is tender enough to mimic a boneless chicken wing without any actual chicken! The sauce is the perfect balance of heat and sweet that works for any taste palette. Plus paired with the creamy ranch dip, you’ll be able to trick all of your omnivore friends.
What you need for these cauliflower bites:
- Non-Dairy Milk
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Liquid Sweetener
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Chili Flakes
Cauliflower bites are truly a labour of love. They take a little longer than we wish, but the end result is more than worth the time and effort. First you’ll need to cut your cauliflower into bite size florets. Next up you’ll want to set up your dredge and breading station, with a bowl of non-dairy milk, then flour and a crispy panko mixture. One by one you’ll coat your cauliflower in non-dairy milk, then flour, then panko mixture. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven. You’ll want to flip halfway and then toss in your sauce and bake again!
"Honey" Garlic Cauliflower Bites
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour flour
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/8 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a shallow dish add whole wheat flour, panko, cornmeal, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder and mix until all combined.
- In two separate bowls add 1 cup non-dairy milk and 1 cup all purpose flour.
- For each cauliflower floret; coat in flour, then milk, then panko mixture and place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat for all florets.
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping half way through.
- While bites are baking prepare your sauces. Add agave nectar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic powder and chili flakes to a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- BONUS DIP: In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup vegan mayo, 2 tsp non dairy milk, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp onion powder and 1 tbsp dill. Set aside.
- Remove bites from oven and toss in "honey" garlic sauce. Place bake on the baking sheet and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with celery and carrots and nom nom nom.