Vanilla Almond Granola
Hey guys, Kat here. I’m gonna be honest here – I have a love/hate relationship with granola. There are times I’m making it non-stop and times I don’t want it near me. There’s even times I make a huge batch and it just sits there because by the time it took me to make I’m in my hate phase of the relationship. Yep, it’s complicated. But that doesn’t stop me from making some delicious granola.
When I told Devin that she was going to make granola recipes for the blog I asked for expert opinion, because in case you didn’t know Dev loves granola. She requested one flavour combo – Vanilla Almond Granola. Sweet and salty, Vanilla Almond Granola is a classic combination and the ultimate smoothie bowl topper, trail snacker or cereal bowl filler. This Vanilla Almond Granola is just the flavour punch you need to start your day. The vanilla cuts through all the grain and with just the right amount of nutty flavour, it’s the perfect balance. This recipe comes together in just 30 minutes and only needs 10 ingredients. Making a delicious and nutrition snacks just a few moments away.
All you need is just two mixing bowls, a baking sheet and 10 ingredients:
- rolled oats
- shredded coconut
- coconut oil
- agave nectar or maple syrup
- vanilla extract
The best part about this granola recipe is that you can throw everything into the same bowl, give it a toss and that’s it! Spread on a lined baking sheet and bake until golden brown and toasted. Once cooled keep it in a seal container and enjoy for up to a month!
How to make the perfect baked vanilla almond granola:
- The 50/50 rule – The liquid in your granola recipe should be made up of half oil and half liquid sweetener. In the original recipe we suggested agave nectar but any liquid sweetener should – we also LOVE maple syrup.
- Keep it together – The get the big chunks of your granola dreams push together the granola on a baking sheet as tightly together as you can. Don’t flip or shake it up, keep it together until it cools then break it up into the desired sizes with your hands.
- Keep a watchful eye – There is a fine line between delicious toasty granola and burnt. Keep a close eye on the granola as it bakes and remove it once it looks golden brown and starts to smell toasty.
- Store in an air-tight container – It’s not just about the bake, it’s also about how you store it. For the longest shelf life, cool the granola on the pan before transferring to an air-tight container. When stored in an airtight container, this granola will keep for up to a month.
Vanilla Almond Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To a large mixing bowl add rolled oats, almonds, raisins, coconut, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix with a wooden spoon until all combined.
- In a small bowl add melted coconut oil, agave nectar and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Pour the wet into the oat mixture and stir until all coated.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.