If there’s something you need to know about us; we love cheese and spicy food. We love both separate and together. It’s the ultimate comfort food combination. If there’s anything else you need to know about us; we love appetizers. Obviously we had to make Jalapeno Poppers.
We originally made this recipe for Halloween. We have a love of cheesy (pun intended) Halloween themed foods. From puff pastry “bloody” handpies to puking pumpkins – we love them all. Naturally we had to make Jalapeno Popper Mummies. The puff pastry is the perfect vessel to make mummy wrapping and the jalapeno is the ideal shape. As you can see from the photos those “mummies” didn’t really turn out. These are now just delicious Vegan Jalapeno Poppers.
Simple and delicious. Stuffed with cheesy goodness, these poppers are little explosions of happiness. A slight kick of heat complements the salty cheese filling. You can’t help but get addicted to this little guys. Whether it’s for Halloween or a regular Tuesday night, Jalapeno Poppers are the perfect party food. For your next party, consider this simple yet delicious recipe.
Speaking of simple… We apologize that it’s not much of a recipe this week. We just couldn’t help ourselves. When we thought of the idea, it was just too delicious to pass up. We challenge you to show us how to make these actually look like mummies.
- 5 jalapenos
- 1/2 cupo vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg puff pastry
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice your jalapenos in half and scoop out as many seeds as you wish too. We left in about half the amount of seeds and it was not too spicy.
- In a small bowl combine your cream cheese and cheddar cheese until smooth.
- Scoop a heaping tbsp into each jalapeno half so that they are packed full.
- Place your puff pastry on a well floured surface and roll out until a quarter inch thick. Using a sharp knife cut half inch slices out of your puff pastry and wrap around each popper like a mummy. Place completed poppers on a lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl add your butter, garlic and thyme and microwave until melted.
- Brush the garlic butter onto each jalapeno popper and bake for 20-25 min or until golden brown.
How to make Vegan Jalapeno Poppers