Crispy, baked Lemon Pepper Cauliflower Bites are bright, vibrant and perfectly pepper-y.
If you haven’t made a cauliflower wing recipe are you even a vegan blogger? When doing a little admin on the back-end of our blog, we discovered that these Lemon Pepper Cauliflower Bites are actually one of our most popular recipes! This surprised us so much! It’s a delicious recipe, but to us an unlikely favourite. Because of this, we’re here giving you some updated photography and blog post.
Lemon pepper is one of my favourite flavour combinations. It’s perfectly bright and peppery and so good on literally everything. When summertime rolls around it’s my go-to seasoning for grilled tofu and one of my favourites for roasted veggies. Naturally I’m putting this deliciousness on wings too!
Cauliflower florets coated in an easy dredge and panko bread crumbs for the ultimate crunch. First you’ll want to cut your cauliflower into florets (pro tip: cut into smaller pieces for a quicker cook time). Next up you’ll coat them in non-dairy milk, all-purpose flour and a combination of panko bread crumbs, cornmeal and seasonings. Bake them in a hot (450F!) oven until golden and crispy on both sides. Then toss in your favourite sauce (which we promise will be lemon pepper after you try these) and bake once more. Once crispy, serve with your choice of dip and a side of fresh veggies (celery and carrots work best!).
Game days will never be the same thanks to these beauties. Looking for even more game day snacks? Try our “Honey” Garlic Cauliflower Wings, Classic Cauliflower Wings or Spinach Artichoke Dip.
Lemon Pepper Cauliflower Bites
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour flour
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/8 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2-3 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a shallow dish add whole wheat flour, panko, cornmeal, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder and mix until all combined.
- In two separate bowls add 1 cup non-dairy milk and 1 cup all purpose flour.
- For each cauliflower floret; coat in flour, then milk, then panko mixture and place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat for all florets.
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping half way through.
- While bites are baking prepare your sauces. Add melted butter, lemon zest, black pepper and lemon juice to a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- BONUS DIP: In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup vegan mayo, 2 tsp non dairy milk, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp onion powder and 1 tbsp dill. Set aside.
- Remove bites from oven and toss in lemon pepper sauce. Place bake on the baking sheet and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with celery and carrots and nom nom nom.
Thank you!!!! We know the feeling. If you make it, be sure to share it with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram – @twomarketgirls. Hope you love it.
Sure are! Thanks for checking out the blog! We have another recipe coming out tomorrow, stay tuned. 🙂
Oh my goodness! Need to try this because just by the photo my mouth is watering