Grilled corn on the cob topped with a flavourful vegan herb and lemon pepper butter. These Lemon Pepper Corn on the Cobs are a delicious summer recipe perfect for a backyard barbecue.
Lemon pepper is a summertime favourite so why wouldn’t we put it on grilled corn? It’s a tradition around here to make a grilled corn recipe loaded with different flavours. In the past we’ve made Peri Peri Corn on the Cob, Green Curry Corn on the Cob, and Sesame Glazed Corn on the Cob. This year we’re making Lemon Pepper Corn on the Cob!
With a lemon pepper and herb vegan butter each bite is packed with a bright, vibrant flavour. Just combine some vegan butter with fresh basil, fresh parsley, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, maple syrup, and salt to taste. This flavourful spread then gets melted onto some freshly grilled corn on the cob.
Top tips for making Lemon Pepper Corn on the Cob:
- Grill corn in foil first. To make sure to grilled corn is fully cooked wrap each ear in tin foil. We find that the corn cooks more evenly when wrapped in foil than placing it straight on the grill. However, we like it best of both words and opt to start it on the grill in foil and finished unwrapped on the grill for a delicious smoky flavour.
- Grill until charred. There’s a reason we unwrap our corn and grill it directly over the heat as well as wrapped in foil – it adds flavour! Grilling your corn until you get some charred kernels is key to a delicious summery, smoky flavour.
- Adjust to taste. This is an easy recipe to adjust to your own taste. Simple increase or decrease the seasonings according to your taste buds.
- Serve warm. Grilled corn is best served warm, directly off the grill. If you’re planning this around a meal, start your corn about 20 minutes from serve time so you can serve it warm!
Do you have to boil corn before grilling?
Nope! Corn on the cob will cook on the grill so there is no need for the extra step of boiling them.
How do you know when grilled corn is done?
How to make Lemon Pepper Corn on the Cob:
Lemon Pepper Corn on the Cob
- 6 ears of corn
- 75 g (⅓ cup) vegan butter
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning, to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- pinch salt
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- In a small bowl combine vegan butter, basil, parsley, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, maple syrup and salt. Set aside.
- Wrap corn in tin foil and cook for about 10-15 minutes, rotating frequently. You want the corn to be a bright yellow. Once cooked, remove from foil and brush with a small amount of the butter mixture and place back on grill and cook until the corn starts to char. Make sure you are continually rotating on all sides so you get an even charring.
- Remove from grill and brush with remaining butter mixture and serve.
Pin it for later: