Broccoli isn’t exactly everyone’s’ favourite food. It’s actually pretty infamous – it’s the food that every kid in movies never wants to eat. We want to change that. We think broccoli has been getting a bad name, that it really doesn’t deserve. When done right, broccoli can be absolutely delicious! Don’t take our word for it – take the taste of today’s recipe’s word for it.
Don’t let the name fool you – our Lemon Roasted Broccoli with Feta is 100% vegan and 100% delicious. A simple recipe that packs a serious flavour punch (you know how much we love those types of recipes – see our Sesame Mushroom Crostini for the ultimate simple flavour punch).
Fresh broccoli roasted in maple syrup and lemon juice, and tossed with almonds and Stokes Feta Cheese (seriously if you can get this cheese where you are, do it!). The crispiness of the broccoli paired with the crunchy almonds and creamy feta cheese – the ultimate texture experience. The perfect recipe for the holidays or just a simple family dinner. We haven’t tried meal prepping this yet – but think that could be absolutely delicious added to some tofu and rice.
Lemon Feta Baked Broccoli w/ Almonds
- 2 heads broccoli
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Chop the broccoli into florets and place in a large bowl. Combine with oil, lemon juice, zest, maple syrup, and almonds. Toss to coat everything.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or silpat and spread the broccoli mixture in a thin layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with vegan feta - bake again for another 10 minutes or until cripsy. Serve warm.
How to make Lemon Roasted Broccoli with Feta