The TMG Kitchen is diving deep into the holidays this year! In our first instalment we bring you TWO different recipes! A delicious lentil loaf with a maple sriracha glaze plus fellow vegan blogger Love Wild Live Free’s Garlicky Mashed Potatoes with Mushroom Gravy. We understand that you are drooling, we did too.
Our lentil loaf is back with delicious super foods and flavours paired with the perfect spice from the sriracha maple glaze! The perfect main for a just as perfect side dish. Love Wild Live Free is a great blogger, you can check out her blog here, and we really love all her recipes! We partnered up with her for this recipe so that we could share our love for her recipes with you!
These are dishes that are sure to impress any vegan, vegetarian, omnivore or carnivore. Don’t believe use? Put it to the test! They will all be coming back for seconds.
Lentil Loaf with Sriracha Maple Glaze
- 1 cup dried green lentils, boiled until tender
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup black quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup kale, thinly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 flax egg (2 tbsp ground flax + 1/3 cup water)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp sriracha
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook dried lentils and quinoa according to package.
- Make flax eggs and set aside.
- Add avocado oil to a pan on medium heat and add garlic, onions, celery and carrot and saute until onions are translucent.
- Once onions are translucent add thyme, smoked paprika, pepper and cumin.
- Add kale to veggies and cover with lid to steam. Once steam mix all together. Turn off stove.
- Drain your lentils and add to a large bowl. Mash your lentils until desired consistency.
- Add quinoa, flax eggs and veggies to lentils and mix until all incorporated.
- Spread evenly in a lined loaf pan. Ensure it is packed down.
- Add ketchup, balsamic, agave and sriracha to a small bowl and mix.
- Pour ketchup mix over loaf and spread evenly.
- Bake loaf for 30-40 minutes.
Recipe for Garlicky Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy here.
Check out Love Wild Live Free’s Instagram here.