For those of you that don’t know what brinner is, it’s the magical meal that is breakfast for dinner. We used to have this all the time as kids but since going vegan haven’t really done so. Time to change that.
We got together with a bunch of amazing vegan YouTubers (See the playlist of all our recipes here) to provide you with a ton of amazing vegan Brinner ideas. From tacos to pizza to bread pudding to savory waffles; you will be having brinner for days after seeing this collab. We are always in awe at what all these amazing YouTubers make and we know you will be too. So be sure to check out their videos and give them a like, comment and subscribe!
For our recipe our aim was to take a typical breakfast food and put on a dinner twist to it. We both love waffles for breakfast that we thought, why not have waffles for dinner? These waffles are loaded with a ton of deliciousness and are super filling!
Seriously though we could eat these waffle for days. Don’t forget to check out all the other amazing vegan YouTubers in this collaboration and show them some love for their awesome creations.
Loaded Potato WafflesPrint
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 large yellow potato or 2 medium sized ones
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 flax eggs, 2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup dino kale
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 cup corn
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Peel your potatoes and chop into about 1 inch pieces. It is important that the pieces are roughly the same size so they all cook evenly.
- Remove the rosemary needles from sprigs and finely mince the needles. Set those aside and keep the leftover twigs to the side.
- Do the same to the thyme. Remove the leaves from sprigs and mince the leaves. Set those aside and keep the leftover twigs to the side.
- Bring a pot of water to a bowl and salt it. Add all your potatoes and leftover herb twigs and boil until the potatoes are soft.
- To make the corn salsa, defrost your corn (if using frozen) and add minced cilantro, diced red onion, a lime juiced and lime zest.
- Drain your potatoes and remove the herb twigs. Mash your potatoes and set aside.
- To a large bowl add your flour, cornmeal, baking powder, minced herbs and mix. Set aside.
- To your potato mash add coconut milk, oil and flax eggs and mix. Then create a well in your dry mix and add your wet ingredients to it. The mix thoroughly until smooth.
- To your waffle mix add your garlic and old bay seasoning until incorporated. Set that aside.
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium-high heat. You are going for a slow cook on this.
- To make drizzle, add hemp seeds, water, cilantro, nutritional yeast, lime juice, sriracha and dino kale. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Make your waffles in your preheated waffle iron. Each waffle should take about 10 minutes.
- Dress you waffles with drizzle, corn salsa, diced avocado, sriracha and cherry tomatoes.
How to make Vegan Loaded Potato Waffles