These easy peasy, Mashed Green Pea Crostini are loaded with fresh flavours, vibrant colours and varying textures.
The day of love is all about showing the one you love just how much you love them, but that doesn’t mean you need to spend hours making an overly dinner. Food is the ultimate love language, especially when it’s in the form of finger foods. There’s nothing better than a home-cooked meal completed with dessert and that’s why we created a delicious 3-course Valentine’s Day menu that you can cook in the comfort of your own home. Plus it’s super easy to make AND costs under $15 for the entire menu.
The perfect Valentine’s Day menu:
- Mashed Green Pea Crostini – A simple appetizer that utilizes similar ingredients to the entree. This appetizer is bright, vibrant and super simple to make.
- One Pot Chickpea Tomato Pasta – The main course is an easy, one pot pasta recipe packed with great nutritional value! It comes together in just about 30 minutes and uses quality ingredients that are bursting with flavour.
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse – Yep, three simple ingredients and you’ve got yourself the perfect end to your Valentine’s Day meal.
These crostini are deliciously fresh and taste like a big bite of springtime. If you’re a fan of green peas, you’ll love this super simple 15 minute appetizer. Top notch in both flavour an texture. Crispy toasted slices of a whole grain baguette topped with fresh, vibrant mashed green peas. The beauty of this recipe is that the simple, flavourful ingredients do all the work for you. No need for fancy ingredients or cooking techniques to make these stand out.
Because they take about 15 minutes to pull together these are the perfect appetizer for any party or get-together you have coming up. Simply toast sliced baguette in your oven until crispy. While that toasts, saute the green pea mixture in a little bit of oil until soft and then use a fork or potato masher to mash the peas. Once you achieve a chunky mixture just load up each crostini with it and serve. How’s that for simplicity?
Have you made one of our recipes before? Don’t forget to tag us @twomarketgirls and #twomarketgirls on Instagram.
Mashed Green Pea Crostini
- 150 g baguette, , sliced
- 225 g frozen peas
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 5 g (1 tsp) garlic powder
- 5 g (1/4 cup) parsley, , chopped
- pinch salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Place sliced baguette on a baking sheet and place in the oven and bake until crispy - about 10 minutes.
- While the baguette bakes, prepare the peas. To a pan on medium heat add green peas and cook until thawed. To the peas, add oil, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Top toasted baguette with grean pea mixture and serve.