Healthy and delicious! Enjoy this Matcha Chia Pudding all week long with your favourite fresh fruit.
This recipe was born out of Kat’s morning ritual of having a matcha latte. During the summer months this became a little less desirable, so she switched to a cooler breakfast – Matcha Chia Pudding! We promise you’ll love this recipe so matcha!
But first, why Matcha? Matcha has a number of benefits that are great to include in your diet. Studies have shown that including green tea in your diet can better your health, however causation has not yet been proven. Matcha is not a very highly studied tea. It may even give you a nice boost of energy to start off your day. While it’s always great to included highly nutritious foods in your diet, we love matcha because of how delicious it is – nutrition is just a bonus.
Matcha Chia Pudding is fresh and flavourful, plus topped with some fresh fruit – this breakfast is crazy delicious. Just make a big batch the night before you work week and you’ll have breakfast waiting for you in the fridge every morning. Just top with your favourite fresh fruit, we LOVE mango.
What’s great about this breakfast recipe:
- Comes together in 5 minutes.
- Ready each morning without any prep.
- Delicious AND Nutritious.
- Customizable with your favourite fruit or even granola!
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of day (low-key all meals are the most important to us) so why not enjoy something delicious, nutritious and ridiculously easy to make? This recipe comes in handy when you’re in a rush in the morning or had a long night.
Pro tip: Don’t have time to make it the night before? Make this recipe the morning of and allow it to sit while you get ready for work and until you get to work. By that time it should be creamy enough to enjoy. Get more delicious vegan recipes in our breakfast recipe section!
- 43 g (1/4 cup) chia seeds
- 360 mL (1 1/2 cups) non-dairy milk
- 4 g (2 tsp) matcha green tea powder
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) maple syrup
- 330 g (about 1) mango, , diced
- To a jar combine matcha, maple syrup and non-dairy milk. Whisk until the matcha powder has dissolved. Add chia seeds and stir. Place in fridge for 15 minutes, stir again and place in fridge until set (approx. 2 hours or overnight).
- When ready to eat top with chopped fresh mango.