The long weekend is here. By now you have probably busted out your barbecue, beer, and burgers. At least we hope you have because that sounds delicious. We love long weekends. They are all about hanging out with amazing people, eating delicious food, and being outside.
In Canada the May long weekend signals cottage season, and cottage season means delicious food that can be made quick and easy. Introducing our super simple and delicious Grilled Mushroom Kebabs. We love how simple these are to make because on a long weekend you want to be able to spend as much time as possible with the people you love.
This recipe takes about 25 minutes to make and most of that time is marinating time which means you can be busy finishing any other recipes you have to make.
This is the perfect recipe for last minute addition to a party or perhaps you forgot you have a potluck tomorrow, because it’s easy to make and all the ingredients should already be in your fridge. Talk about a convenient recipe. You can thank us later.
PS. If you are an omnivore, have vegans coming over for a barbecue, and aren’t sure what to make them, this recipe is for you. We know, as vegans, we would love to see this option at a barbecue because it is delicious and filling. We also have our delicious Grilled Corn Salad that is great to include in your party.
- 3 cups mushrooms
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lime, , juiced
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, , minced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, , minced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, , minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- pinch salt and pepper
- If you are using wood skewers like we do, be sure to soak them for as long as you can beforehand in order to help prevent them from burning.
- Slice your mushrooms in half and add to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl add your remaining ingredients and mix to create the marinade. Pour over your mushrooms and toss to coat. Allow them to marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Place 4-5 mushrooms on each skewer and repeat until all your mushrooms have been skewered.
- Barbecue your mushrooms for about 10-15 minutes or until your mushrooms are soft and have those delicious grill lines on them.
Watch the video