Peanut butter is one thing that I can never get enough of. I put it in stir frys, granola, on toast, in smoothies, in cookies and cakes, and pretty much anything else I can get away with. It’s one of those universal foods that can be sweet or savoury. Plus it’s a great way to boost your protein and energy intake.
These bite sized peanut butter babies are the perfect on-the-go snack or healthy dessert. They take only a short amount of time to whip up and last a while, so you can make a big batch. They can easily be altered to fit to your taste buds and preferences. They are the perfect healthy alternative for your kid’s lunch box (just sub peanut butter for a non-nut butter) or family outing. Best thing is, they’re raw and can be made in only one bowl! Yay barely any dishes!
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut or non-nut butter)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pour all ingredients in a large bowl, and stir together. (Using a wooden spoon or your hands!)
- Cover bowl with a towel and let chill in the fridge for 25 min.
- Once chilled, roll into bite sized balls. Depending on how big you should get 20-24.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. (Meaning you can make a weeks supply at one time!)