Who loves tacos? Us too. Who loves pizza? Us too! Why not combine them? DREAM. COME. TRUE. Now what about BBQ Chick’n? Double dream come true? Hells yes.
We have been wanting to create pizza recipes for you guys since day one and obviously Valentine’s Day was the day to provide you with one. Not everyone has a loved one to celebrate Valentine’s Day with, and nothing is wrong with that, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t celebrate the day of love. This year we challenge you to be your own Valentine.
Spoil yourself on February 14th and make this delicious pizza feature TWO amazing varieties. It will be THE best Valentine’s Day you have ever had. We promise.
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 stalks cilantro
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg vegan ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika, divided
- 2 tsp cumin, divided
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 3 tsp water, divided
- 1/2 vegan ranch (our recipe here)
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup kale, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 300g vegan chicken
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup vegan cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup flour, for rolling out dough
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Prepare avocado cream by adding avocado, 3-4 slices of jalapeno, vegan sour cream and cilantro to a food processor. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- To prepare Taco Pizza toppings: thinly slice remaining jalapeno, romaine lettuce and cherry tomatoes. In a pan over medium-high heat add 1 pkg of vegan ground “beef”, 1 tsp of garlic powder, onion powder, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp cumin, cayenne and 1 tsp of water. Stir around until the ground “beef” starts to brown and get a little crispier. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Prepare vegan ranch by following our other recipe here.
- To prepare BBQ Chick’n Pizza toppings: thinly slice red onion, artichoke hearts and kale. Massage kale with lime juice. In a pan over medium-high heat add 1 pkg or 300g vegan chicken, 2 tsp of water, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp smoked paprika and 1 tsp cumin. Stir for 3-5 minutes then add BBQ sauce and cover all vegan chicken. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Generously coat a clean surface, your dough and a rolling pin with flour. Roll your pizza dough to desired size.
- On one half of the pizza spread salsa, ground “beef”, vegan cheddar cheese and jalapeno slices. On the other half spread avocado oil, vegan mozzarella, vegan chicken, red onion, artichoke hearts and kale. Bake for about 30 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and to the taco side add romaine lettuce, tomatoes and an avocado cream drizzle. To the vegan BBQ chicken side add a drizzle of ranch dressing.